When looking for the best electric golf cart for street use, its important to ask yourself if you ride regularly or if you plan on riding your cart through busy streets and want a cart that can handle such environments, then this article is just for you.
This article lists the top 10 Best Electric Golf Cart for Street Use in 2022.
Top 10 Best Electric Golf Cart for Street Use
These are the best Electric Golf Cart for Street Use in 2022:
1. The Polaris Gem E2 Golf Cart
The Polaris GEM E2 tops the list of best Electric Cart for Street Use due to the comfort, safety, top speed, and range it provides. The cart comes with seats positioned high and facing forward which gives ample space for 43-inches of legroom to accommodate tall persons. In the event of any form of collision, 3-point seatbelts protect your upper and lower body. An automotive glass windshield to protect you from the wind and other elements of the weather while you ride.
- Top speed of 25 mph.
- A range of 15 to 95 miles with a 12.4kw/h lithium-ion battery.
- 43-inch legroom space.
- Automotive grade windshield.
- Price tag of $12000.
- 3-point seatbelts.
- All forward-facing seats.
- 17 digits VIN.
Check out this article on the New Electric Golf Cart for 2023 – 2022.
2. The Club Car Villager 2+2
The Club Villager 2+2 is the perfect vehicle to drive you and your friends or family around your community. The cart contains 2-forward and back-facing seats to accommodate four passengers comfortably. It is constructed with a rust-proof frame which makes it tough and durable.
- 4-seater capacity.
- Top speed of 20 to 23 mph.
- 48-Volt DC Battery.
- Range of 30 miles.
- Great safety windshield.
- 3-point seat belts.
- Durable rust-proof frame.
- Price tag of $12814.
3. 2022 ICON i40L Electric Golf Cart LSV
- Ground Clearance of 7 Inches.
- 4-seat capacity.
- Motor: 48 Volt AC 5kw.
- 17 Digit VIN ( vehicle identification number)
- Maximum speed of 25MPH.
- Safety features like Headlights, Tail Lights, Brake Lights, Turn Signals & Horn.
- On-Board Charger.
- Charger Indicator.
- USB Charging Port.
- Forward / Reverse Switch.
- Digital Speedometer Gauge.Side Mirrors.
- Windshield Wiper.
- Rear License Plate Holder.
- DOT Approved Windshield.
- Price tag of $12,195.
The 2022 ICON i40L Electric Golf Cart comes with a high-output AC motor and controller which allows it to reach a maximum speed of 25mph. It also has a powder-coated steel A-frame chassis with four-wheel coil-over suspension, VIN, standard safety features like LED headlights, daytime running lights, brake lights, turn signals and a relatively affordable price.
To know more about these carts, check out my article on Icon Golf Cart Reviews.
4. The 2022 Star EV Sirius 2+2 Electric Golf Cart LSV
- Manufacturer Certificate of Origin (MCO)
- 17 Digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Speed Up to 25 MPH.
- DOT Approved Windshield.
- Back-Up Camera.
- 48-Volt Trojan Batteries with On-Board Charging System with Remote LED and a Curtis AC Controller.
- QDS Drive System with an Over Temperature Protection.
- All Wheel Hydraulic Braking System.
- Safety features like Daytime Running Lights, Taillights, Brakelights, LED Headlights, Self Cancelling Turn Signals, Reverse Light, Horn, and Reverse Beeper.
- High and Low-Speed Switch.
- Console with Ambient Dash Lighting
- Rear View Mirrors with Turn Signal Indicators on Both Sides.
- Premium Tan with Black Seats.
- USB Charging Ports.
- Price tag of $15,295.
This 2022 Star EV Sirius 2+2 Electric Golf Cart LSV has a very elegant design. This golf cart ensures a longer time on the road and can go up to 60 miles on a full charge. The best drivetrain, Trojan batteries, Curtis controllers, and Advanced AC/DC motors have been deployed in designing this golf cart and it provides a 4-year warranty.
5. 2022 Polaris GEM® eL XD Electric Golf Cart Commercial LSV
- 25MPH Top Speed Per LSV Regulations.
- Spacious Ergonomics with 43 inches of Legroom.
- 3-Point Seat Belts.
- Tinted Auto-Grade Windshield.
- 6.5KW AC Motor
- 48V Battery System with On-Board Charger.
- Turn Signals, Hazard Lights, Dome Light, 12V Outlet.
- Backup Camera Integrated into the rear View Mirror.
- 17 Digit VIN.
- Price tag of $32,081.
This 2022 Polaris GEM® eL XD Electric Golf Cart Commercial LSV will ensure that you stand out from the typical golf cart because of its four forward-facing high-back seats, 3-point seat belts, and ample leg space. This cart combines premium comfort and security to ensure that it is the best on-road vehicle.
6. 2022 Tomberlin LIFTED E-Merge E4 SS Saloon 6 passenger LSV Golf Cart
- 5kw, 17HP (peak) AC Drive Regenerative Braking Motor.
- Sevcon 450 AMP AC Controller.
- 1050 W On-Board smart charger.
- Independent dual A-Arm front Suspension.
- Double-ended rack and pinion steering.
- 48v Power System 8- 6v Batteries.
- Range of 40+ Miles.
- Custom 14-inch 8-spoke Aluminum Wheels.
- 3-Point Seat Belts.
- 4-Wheel Hydraulic Brakes with Front Disk & Rear Drum.
- Price tag of $20,795.
The 2022 Tomberlin LIFTED E-Merge E4 SS Saloon 6 passenger LSV golf cart comes with a fully integrated rearview camera, dual backlit side mirrors, 7-inch LCD, LED emergency, roof and rear brake lights, windshield wiper, and many more that makes it a great choice for purchase.
7. The 2022 Bintelli Beyond NAVY 6pr Golf Cart
- Maximum Forward Speed of 25mph.
- Maximum Load Capacity of 1,200 lb.
- Motor 5kW (6.7HP).
- Range of 35 Miles.
- Aluminum frame and chassis.
- 4-wheel hydraulic disc brakes
- DOT Windscreen with Wiper.
- Price tag of $12,895.
The 2022 Bintelli Beyond NAVY 6pr Golf Cart is equipped with an aluminum frame, aluminum roof supports, AC motor, LED lighting, 14 wheels, a Bluetooth sound system, backup camera, hydraulic disc brakes, two-tone premium seats, on-board smart charger, dual USB plugs, extended roof, rear flip seat, headlights, taillights, turn signals, DOT windshield with wiper, DOT tires, DOT 3-point seat belts to give you the best street rides.
If you want to know more about the Bintelli Golf Cart Reviews, check this article out.
8. The 2022 Evolution Classic 4 Plus Lithium Ion Golf Cart LSV
- Manufacturer Statement of Origin (MSO)
- 17 Digit VIN
- Speed Up to 25MPH
- Headlights, Tail lights, Turn signals, Brake lights, and Horn.
- 14-inch Aluminum Wheels and DOT Approved Tires.
- DOT Foldable Acrylic Windshield.
- Front & Rear DOT Seat Belts.
- Rear License Plate Light.
- 48V Lithium Ion Battery.
- 6.3KW AC Motor.
- Price tag of $10,199.
The 2022 Evolution Classic 4 Plus Lithium Ion LSV golf cart is perfect as a street-legal with its unique features like Luxury Two Tone Seats and rear seat with storage box, Color Matched Dash with 4 cups and cell phone holder, USB charging ports, Speaker sound system, Luxury Steering Wheel, Side Mirrors, and Extended canopy suntop with grab handles.
Check out my detailed Evolution Golf Carts Reviews to know more.
9. 2022 Club Car Onward Lifted 4 Passenger AC Electric Golf Cart
- 48 Volt Excel.
- High-Performance Electric AC Drive.
- 4.7 hp (3.5 kW).
- Self-compensating double reduction helical rack & pinion
- Independent leaf spring w/dual hydraulic shocks.
- Self-adjusting, rear wheel mechanical drum brakes.
- Wheelbase of 67.75 inches
- Ground Clearance of 6-3/8 inches.
- Total vehicle weight of 895 lbs.
- Speed Range of 19 mph.
- Price tag of $14,780.
The 2022 Club Car Onward Lifted 4 Passenger AC electric golf cart is comfortable, practical, fun, and stylish, equipped with Overhead Storage, Grill Decal Inserts, Rear Grab Bar, Cup Holders, Premium Seating, Tinted Fold Down Windshield, Hidden Storage Compartment/Cooler in Rear Flip Seat, Side Mirrors, Brush Guard, Fender Flares, Canopy Grab Handles and an Extended Canopy Suntop, and much more.
10. 2022 Evolution D3 Lithium Ion 4 Pass LSV Golf Cart
- Manufacturer Statement of Origin (MSO).
- 17 Digit VIN.
- Speed up to 25MPH.
- Safety features like Headlights.
- DOT Tilt-Adjustable Laminated Windshield.
- Front and rear DOT seat belts.
- Rear license plate holder.
- 130AH Lithium Ion Battery with Adaptive On-Board Charger.
- Price tag of $16,999
The 2022 Evolution D3 Lithium Ion 4 Pass LSV is one of the Best Electric Golf Cart for Street Use equipped with a Multi-functional steering wheel with power steering, Volume control, and Cell phone call management. It is also equipped with front trunk storage, luxury seats, a rear luxury flip seat with a storage compartment, a rear safety grab bar, a built-in Removable Refrigerator, a Canopy suntop, and much more.
What to Look for in an Electric Golf Cart for Street Use?
Below is a detailed list of what to look out for in an Electric Golf Cart for Street Use:
1. Power Transmission
You will need to decide whether you want a cart with a gas or electric transmission. The electric carts are more eco-friendly than the cars with gas transmissions but they move at a shorter range than the gas carts. The electric cart also gets less active as the battery becomes less charged and it continues till it needs a charge.
2. Available Budget
If you want to purchase a street golf cart, it will not be cheap. It is necessary to consider the price of the cart and your budget. It is possible to purchase a second-hand vehicle but it can be risky because you don’t know how well the previous user maintained it.
3. Seating Arrangement
Before purchasing a golf cart, it is important to put into consideration the number of people you intend to carry on your cart and how many seats can accommodate them. The smallest option of seat arrangements for a golf cart is a 2-seater and it can get up to an 8-seater.
4. Top Speed
Street-legal golf carts can operate on roads with a speed limit of 35 mph, you have to consider the speed limit of your cart regarding this.
Your cart requires hazard lights, brake lights, and turning signals to be fully street-legal. You have to ensure the golf cart you want to purchase has the needed lighting.
Your street-legal golf cart should have a windshield. The best determining factor for your windshield should be the type of climate in your area. For an area with a dry and sunny climate, a roll-up windshield is a suitable choice but a one-piece shield will protect you in areas with plenty of rainfall and high winds.
What Are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Using an Electric Golf Cart for Street Use?
|It is quiet||It has limited speed|
|It produces no emissions||It takes a long time to charge|
|It saves money on the cost of fuel||It has less power than gas-powered vehicles|
|It doesn’t require much maintenance||It can be challenging to estimate battery life|
|It is cheaper to operate||It cannot be recharged onsite if the battery runs out of power|
What Is the Fastest Electric Golf Cart for Street Use?
The fastest Electric Golf Cart for Street Use is the Polaris GEM e2 cart.
Getting the Best Electric Golf Cart for Street Use can be quite difficult, this article has been written to help you get the best. We hope you found it helpful.