I decided to remove my speed limiter a few days back for more speed. After much trial, I got it right and I have a few tips up my sleeves.
I came up with this article on How to Remove Speed Limiter on Electric Golf Cart based on my experience. It will show you how to remove the speed limiter on your golf cart, how to adjust your speed, and lots more.
- How to Remove Speed Limiter on Electric Golf Cart
- How to Remove Speed Limiter on Yamaha Electric Golf Cart
- How Do I Adjust the Speed on My Electric Golf Cart?
- EZGO Electric Golf Cart Speed Controller
- How to Fix EZGO Electric Golf Cart Speed Controller?
- Why Do You Need to Remove the Speed Limit on Your Electric Golf Cart?
- What Happens if You Break the Speed Limit on Your Electric Golf Cart?
- Is It Safe to Remove Speed Limiter on Electric Golf Cart?
How to Remove Speed Limiter on Electric Golf Cart
Follow these steps to Remove Speed Limiter on Electric Golf Cart:
- First, disconnect the cable from the carburetor.
- Trace the disconnected cable down to locate the governor.
- Disconnect the gas pedal cable from the governor and change the connection to the carburetor.
- Remove the bolt on the gas pedal shaft using your wrench.
How to Remove Speed Limiter on Yamaha Electric Golf Cart
Follow these steps to Remove Speed Limiter on Yamaha Electric Golf Cart:
- Look for a plastic plate on the console that is held in place by two small screws and remove them from the panel using the right screwdrivers. Take out the plate and screws and keep them safe.
- Behind where the panel had sat you should find a large metal T. Make sure it moves back and forth smoothly with a touch. It is what controls your speed and can stop the governor from working.
- Use a small rubber band to loop around the top of the T making sure it stays in that position.
- Ensure that you pull the governor to the right and that the rubber band is secure and held in place with no difficulty. Get your plate out and hold it in place while fixing back the screws.
- Observe your cart. If it goes faster, then your governor was well adjusted, but if it goes slower, it means the governor is in the wrong direction and you will have to change its direction to keep your cart running.
How Do I Adjust the Speed on My Electric Golf Cart?
To adjust the speed on your Electric Golf Cart, take the following steps:
- Locate the metal rod on the electric speed governor, find the cable that connects to the electric speed governor, and then rotate the nut counterclockwise to adjust your speed.
- If your golf cart doesn’t have an electric speed governor, you can access the speed governor from the inside of your golf cart by reaching into the access panel and loosening the springs using a wrench.
Check out this article on the World’s Fastest Golf Cart in 2922.
EZGO Electric Golf Cart Speed Controller
- The Ezgo Golf Cart 25864G09 Electronic Speed Controller is a reliable and standard speed controller that will help you control your cart's acceleration level.
- It is suitable for 1994-current E-Z-GO Medalist, TXT models, 36-Volt Series, and Electric Vehicles without DCS or PDS Applications.
- It offers 250-amp, 5-pin controllers, and great value for money.
How to Fix EZGO Electric Golf Cart Speed Controller?
You should know that all EZ-GO golf carts are designed with either a precision drive system or a drive control system, which are speed controllers that help control the golf cart’s speed.
Your cart begins to run irregularly when the speed controller stops functioning properly and it will become necessary to repair immediately.
With these few steps, you should be able to fix your Ezgo Electric Golf Cart Speed Controller.
- Find the maintenance switch of your speed controller and flip it to tow- maintenance mode. The switch will be under the seat of your golf cart.
- Before you start working on the speed controller, you need to reset the battery cable by disconnecting the negative battery cable, removing the speed controller cover, and then reconnecting the negative cable. The negative cable is black.
- Check for any loose wiring and make sure everything is plugged in tight. Also, check if the wires have corroded and replace them and check the voltage of the controller battery by connecting both the positive and negative probes to the battery.
- Test the solenoid because if there is a problem with it, it could cause problems with your speed controller.
- Check your controller’s power output by connecting the negative probe to the M terminal and the positive probe to the B+ terminal. The reading should start at 0 and increase to the same level as the battery voltage as you press down on your accelerator. If the motor on your golf cart doesn’t turn, it could be a directional switch/motor problem and if there is no voltage at all on your reading, your speed controller needs immediate replacement.
You might want to read this guide on How to Make EZGO Golf Cart Faster.
Why Do You Need to Remove the Speed Limit on Your Electric Golf Cart?
If you want your electric golf cart to run faster than it normally does, then you need to remove the speed limiter on it.
What Happens if You Break the Speed Limit on Your Electric Golf Cart?
Golf carts are designed to run at a particular speed and trying to remove the speed limiter will mean that there would be no limit to how high the engine would rev and this could cause an engine failure which means that you will have to replace the engine. Doing this will also render your warranty from the manufacturer null and void.
The cost of replacement of these parts is high and so I don’t recommend that you remove your speed limiter.
Is It Safe to Remove Speed Limiter on Electric Golf Cart?
It is not safe to remove the speed limiter on electric golf carts because there will be no limit to the number of revolutions of the motor. You can run your engine to its limits, wasting hundreds of parts and labor. Also, it can lead to accidents as a result of excessive speed.
In this article, I presented to you the job of the speed limiter, how to remove your speed limiter, and the problems that could arise when you remove your speed limiter/governor.
Understanding this information about your golf cart’s speed limiter will enable you to take proper care of your cart and avert any serious damage.
I hope you found this article on How to Remove Speed Limiter on Electric Golf Cart helpful.