If you’re wondering about the right kind of UTV to purchase, I have an excellent recommendation for you. The Bighorn UTV might not be so popular among the many brands you might be familiar with but its features can rival some of the best off-road UTVs today.
In this article, I will show you the features, the pros, and cons, the parts and accessories of this UTV, and recommendations.
Bighorn UTV Reviews
The Bighorn UTV is equipped with a 28 HP engine, a 1,200 lb towing capacity, automatic transmission, and many more that make it a perfect choice for you especially if you are an adventurer.
You may also like my detailed article on the Tracker 800sx Reviews.
Bighorn UTV Reviews: Features
These are the top features of the Bighorn UTV:
- Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC engine.
- 26.1 liters or 6.9 gallons of fuel capacity.
- 28 Horsepower.
- Torque: 19.9 ft-lb at 5,500 RPM.
- 42-50 MPH top speed.
- Dual hydraulic discs w/ dual piston calipers front and rear brakes.
- Independent, driveshaft-mounted disc parking brake.
- 1,805 mm (71 inches) wheelbase.
- 285.7 mm (11.2 inches) ground clearance.
- Electric starter system.
- Dual-range CVT w/ reverse, automatic transmission.
- Rack & Pinion steering.
- L-H-N-R gear shift pattern.
- Shaft drive w/ On-Command 2WD/4WD drive system.
- Electronic Transistor Controlled Igniter.
- 105.6 – 106 inches in length.
- 57.5 – 58 inches in width.
- 74.4 – 75 inches in height.
- 1138 lb dry weight.
- 1400 lb towing capacity.
- 660 lb payload capacity.
- Front Suspension Type: Independent McPherson strut.
- Rear Suspension Type: Independent dual A-arms (spring preloaded, oil damping coil over shocks).
- AT25 × 8-12 inches front tires and AT25 × 10-12 inches rear tires.
Pros & Cons
Using this awesome vehicle will have its ups and downs. It is necessary for you to be aware of them so you can address them when the need arises. This aspect of the article outlines the pros and cons of using the Bighorn UTV.
- Its awesome design makes it easy for it to go in and out of places easily.
- Its digital instrumentation is visible on the driver’s side and it can be set to measure in kilometers or miles, depending on the driver's preference.
- Even though it looks like the Polaris UTV, it comes with its own frames and engines.
- It was designed to ensure that the hand brake and shifter do not get in the way of the cup holders.
- The battery and fuse box are kept safe in a battery box found under the hood of the wheeler, preventing them from being affected by mud and splash.
- It has a very comfortable steering wheel which makes it easy for the driver to drive and turn the vehicle.
- Information on the parts and accessories can be hard to find.
- Sometimes it produces a whining sound when driving it.
- Some of them come with sub-standard batteries.
Bighorn UTV Parts & Accessories
This is a list of some of the parts and accessories of the Bighorn UTV:
- DVPARTS Exhaust Spring 7041789 for Polaris Sportsman Ranger Scrambler RZR ATV UTV.
- UTV Flag Mount- StarknightMT Adjustable Heavy Duty UTV Whip Mount.
- Kemimoto UTV Side Mirrors And Center Mirror with 1.6″ to 2″ Roll Bar Cage, Adjustable Rear View Side Mirrors.
- Hisun Rear Windshield Soft Windscreen Back Window for UTV.
- Nilight – ZH002 20Inch 126W Spot Flood Combo Led Off Road Led Light Bar 2PCS 18w 4Inch Spot LED Pods With 16AWG Wiring Harness Kit-3 Lead.
- Manco Talon 260Cc 300Cc Linhai Bighorn JCL Xinggyue ATV UTV Fuel Pump 82749.
- Ignition Coil 170 Linhai Aeolus Bighorn 260 300 400 Scooter ATV UTV Parts 22012.
- Tire Maxxis Bighorn 2.0.
- Carburetor for Linhai 400cc Bighorn ATV Quad UTV 400 IRS Vergaser LH180MQ.13.2a.
- Aces Racing 4 Point Harness with 2 Inch Padding (Ez Buckle Technology) (Black (Pair)).
- UTVMA RZR 1000 and 900 (2014-2022) Bump Seat with 4-Point Harness.
- SHEJISI UTV Side Mirrors for 1.65″-2″ Roll Cage.
Bighorn Side by Side Problems
Here are some of the problems associated with using the Bighorn UTV:
- Clutch problems.
- CVT belt melts if used often in sticky mud and other tough situations.
- The front driveshaft is sometimes badly welded and goes out of line.
- Problems with starting.
- Whining noise when driving.
Check out this article on Hisun Sector 750 Problems where I explain these issues in detail.
Bighorn UTV Top Speed
The Bighorn UTV comes with a top speed of 42-50 MPH.
|Bighorn UTV||Polaris Ranger UTV|
|Fuel tank capacity||26.1 liters||43 liters|
|Horsepower||28 HP||44 HP|
|Transmission type||Dual-range CVT w/ reverse, automatic transmission||Automatic PVT H/L/N/R/P; shaft|
|Size||106×58×75 inches||152 x 62.5 x 75 inches|
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC engine.||Liquid cooled DOHC 4-stroke single cylinder engine|
|Towing capacity||1400 lbs||1500 lb|
|Torque||19.9 ft-lb||62 pounds-feet|
|Drive||Shaft drive w/ On-Command 2WD/4WD||AWD, selectable 2WD, Turf mode Drivetrain|
|Ground Clearance||11.2 inches||10.5 inches|
|Dry weight||1138 lb||1070 lb|
|Bed Capacity||660 lb||800 lb|
|Top speed||42-50 MPH||40-50MPH|
Bighorn UTV vs Can-Am Defender
|Bighorn UTV||Can-Am Defender UTV|
|Horse Power||28 HP||52 HP|
|Transmission||Dual-range CVT w/ reverse, automatic transmission||PDrive primary CVT with engine braking and electronic drive belt protection L/H/N/R/P|
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC engine.||650cc Rotax® ACE (Advanced Combustion Efficiency) 650cc single cylinder, liquid-cooled|
|Suspension||Front Suspension Type: Independent McPherson strut. |
Rear Suspension Type: Independent dual A-arms (spring preloaded, oil damping coilover shocks).
|Front and rear: Double A-arms, 10” (25.4 cm) travel|
|Tires||Front: AT25 × 8-12 inches |
Rear: AT25 × 10-12 inches
|Front: XPS Trail Force 27 x 9 x 14 in. |
Rear: XPS Trail Force 27 x 11 x 14 in.
|Width||57.5-58 inches||62 inches|
|Dry Weight||1138 lb||1475 lb|
|Towing Capacity||1400 lb||2500 lb|
|Bed Capacity||660 lb||1000 lb|
|Ground Clearance||11.2 inches||11 inches|
Bighorn 400 UTV Reviews
The Bighorn UTV is equipped with a fuel capacity of 26.1 liters, a 28 HP, 391cc liquid cooled, 4-stroke SOHC engine, a dual-range CVT w/ reverse, automatic transmission, a shaft drive w/ On-Command 2WD/4WD drive system and a top speed of 42-50 MPH.
Bighorn 200 UTV Reviews
The Bighorn 200 is also another great off-road Utility Task Vehicle with an air-cooled, 4-stroke engine. The 177cc, 9.9 HP engine has a lot of power. With a fuel capacity of 4.8 gallons and a ground clearance of 11.5 inches, this vehicle will ensure that you are satisfied every time you take it out.
Bighorn UTV Price
The Bighorn UTV comes with a price tag of $6899.
Where Can You Find Bighorn UTV for Sale?
The Bighorn UTV can be found in many UTV dealer stores all over the United States. For more information, visit the website link:
How Much Horsepower Does a Bighorn UTV Have?
The Bighorn UTV comes with a Horsepower of 28.
Who Makes the Bighorn UTV?
The Bighorn UTV is manufactured by the Jiangsu Linhai Group.
Is the Bighorn UTV Street Legal?
The Bighorn UTV is not street legal because it is an off-road vehicle. However, it can be made street legal after you purchase accessories, following your state’s traffic laws.
What Engine Does the Bighorn Side by Side Have?
The Bighorn UTV has a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC engine.
Is the Bighorn side by side 4 Wheel Drive?
Yes, it is. It comes with a 2WD/4WD drive system, making it a four-wheel drive.
Bighorn UTV Ground Clearance
The Bighorn UTV comes with a ground clearance of 11.2 inches.
With the following features that have been listed, you will agree that the Bighorn UTV is a formidable vehicle and is perfect for your comfort and for work as well.
This UTV has proven itself and I highly recommend this to you.