Picture this scenario: It’s December 15, the temperature is a chilly 45 degrees, and you’re meeting with a few friends at your local golf course to play a friendly 4-man Scramble tournament.
Unfortunately, the temperature has dropped by a few degrees when you arrive at the course. Teeth chattering, you consider rescheduling the tournament for a warmer month, but you and your friends are eager to play! What, then, do you do?
Well, that’s where the Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater comes in.
In this article, I’ll be sharing my Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Reviews to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you. I’ll cover the features, benefits, and drawbacks of this golf cart heater, as well as what other users have to say about it.
- Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Reviews
- Features of the Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater
- Pros and Cons of the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater
- Unboxing and Initial Impressions
- How to Set Up the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater
- How Warm Does the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Keep You in Winter
- Who Makes the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater?
- How Do You Turn On the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater in a Golf Cart?
- How Long Does the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Last?
- Final Take on the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Reviews
Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Reviews
If you care about your cart and want to protect it from this cold, check out this article on the Best Golf Cart Covers for Winter.
Features of the Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater
The Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater has many great features that make it a top seller in the heater category on Amazon. Here are some of them:
Now, let’s look at some of this unit’s best 5 features from my Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Reviews in greater detail:
- 5.5-hour running time: What good is a propane heater if it lasts only an hour or two before shutting down? Fortunately, the Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater runs for an incredible 5.5 hours before shutting down, making it reliable during winter.
- Wind-resistant screen: Many propane heaters shut down due to strong winds. However, the Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater is designed with a wind-resistant screen that shields the burner against the wind, providing optimal heat output on windy days and while driving the golf cart. Another benefit of this wind-resistant screen is that it prevents the heater from blowing heat directly onto the golf cart’s flammable parts.
- Cup holder adapter: The Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater also comes with a cup holder adapter that makes it compatible with most golf carts’ cup holders. This cup holder adapter holds the heater upright and firmly in place, making it sturdy when the golf cart moves. It also makes it easier for you to rotate and point the heater in your preferred direction.
- Oxygen depletion system (ODS): The Mr. Heater Golf Cart Heater has an inbuilt oxygen depletion system that cuts off the propane supply once oxygen levels drop dangerously low. This could help you prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, especially if your golf cart’s space is enclosed.
- Safety tip-over switch: Like the ODS, the safety tip-over switch is designed to automatically cut off the fuel supply if the golf cart tips or falls over while moving, giving you added security when driving on bumpy terrain.
Pros and Cons of the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater
Now that we’ve explored this heater’s features, let’s review its pros and cons:
- It has an ergonomic carrying handle.
- It runs for 5.5 hours.
- It has a wind-resistant protective screen.
- It comes with a cup holder adapter.
- It comes with an oxygen depletion system.
- Tip-over switch for safety.
- It comes in several colors.
- It doesn’t come with a propane tank.
- It doesn’t come with a carrying bag.
To protect yourself from the cold during the winter while golf cart riding, check out my article on Best Winter Golf Pants.
Unboxing and Initial Impressions
Unboxing the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater was quite the experience, as it was a bit larger than the photos online had suggested. Another surprise we were in for was its hefty weight, but these weren’t a problem since the heater would mostly sit in a cup holder during use. The box contains an instruction manual, a cup holder adapter, and a heater. And although the heater is made of plastic and metal, it still has a very sturdy design.
How to Set Up the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater
Gas and heat are nothing to take lightly. So, after unboxing this product, we strongly recommend reading the instruction manual before setting it up. Granted, the heater has several integrated security features, but you can never be too careful.
The Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater connects directly to a 1 lb. liquid propane cylinder to work, which you can get from your local hardware stores. Once you buy a propane cylinder, connect it to the heater following the instructions in the manual, then place the heater inside the cup holder adapter, and you’re all set!
How Warm Does the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Keep You in Winter
During winter, the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater provides a warm and cozy atmosphere inside a golf cart, especially if the cart has enclosures. This keeps your hands and entire body warm, allowing you to play golf in the cold without trouble.
Who Makes the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater?
The Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater is manufactured by Enerco, a Cleveland-based company that has been at the forefront of infrared combustion since 1957. Since the Mr Heater brand was launched in 1984, it has consistently delivered innovative technology and high-quality services to consumers as America’s most popular heater brand.
How Do You Turn On the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater in a Golf Cart?
Before turning on the propane heater inside a golf cart, ensure it’s in the cup holder. For your safety, the heater must always be upright before turning on. Once you do this, the next step is to press the “ON” button to light the pilot with the Piezo ignition mechanism and hold the button for another 30 to 60 seconds. After the pilot lights, release the “ON” button to light the heater. The white tile will usually take a few moments before glowing red.
How Long Does the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Last?
On a full 1 lb. propane cylinder, the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater lasts around 5.5 hours, which is just enough for a round of golf.
Final Take on the Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Reviews
So, is this product worth getting?
Well, if you’re the sort of golfer who loves playing in any weather, you should totally get this heater. Costing less than $100, it sure is a good investment. And you could use it alone or combine it with a cart cover for added warmth—the choice is yours!
We hope this Mr Heater Golf Cart Heater Reviews has been helpful.