Sometimes, golf rides can get a little lonely, and adding a golf cart radio could be just what you need to brighten up the day.
If you are looking to get a good golf cart radio to install on your cart, then you just found the right article.
This article talks everything about golf cart radio, gives recommendations on the best ones, and answers all your related questions.
What is a Golf Cart Radio?
A golf cart radio is a device similar to a car radio that runs on your cart’s electrical power, allowing you to receive signals from radio stations and listen to songs. While it is a very fun device to have, most golf carts do not come with a pre-installed golf cart radio.
Top 3 Golf Cart Radio Recommendations
- Bluetooth Wireless Music option.
- 12 FM/MW Radio Presets.
- Solid aluminum chassis.
- USB input option.
- Water-resistant with IPX6 Rating.
- Easy to Install.
- Very portable.
- Compatible with all golf cart models.
- 45 watts Built-in Power Audio Amplifier
- Comes with an Install Bracket, Marine Stereo Headunit, USB Extension Cable, 1-year warranty, and Product Manual.
- Selectable tuner function.
- RDS technology.
- Pre-Amp outputs.
- Integrated USB Port and USB Charging.
- Aux Input.
- Bluetooth wireless music stream.
- Built-In Preset EQ.
- IPX6 Rated Weatherproof/Waterproof construction.
- Built-in Subwoofer Control.
- 2.75" LCD digital display.
- Small size for easy installation.
- High durability.
- Marine Grade Waterproof design.
- Very loud compact size speakers.
- Bluetooth music wireless stream
- USB port.
- Equipped with AUX and RCA input/output connector jacks for additional speakers and audio devices.
Check out the Best Sound System for Golf Cart if you are interested in getting a nice sound system and not just a radio.
1 . Herdio VX-280 Waterproof Marine Golf Cart Radio
The Herdio VX-280 Waterproof Marine Radio is an excellent choice for a golf cart radio if you are looking for a device that plays the radio while easily connecting to your phone via Bluetooth. This radio has a USB port available to connect your MP3 players or USB charger. The product is straightforward to install, and compatible with all golf cart models. It is also designed with a solid aluminum chassis, which makes it very durable and robust.
- You don't just get a radio, you get a Bluetooth MP3 player and a charging port.
- It is weatherproof.
- Highly durable.
- It has a 45 watts built-in amplifier.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- Compatible with all golf cart models.
- The design makes it look like an old product.
2. Boss Audio Systems Golf Cart Radio
This golf cart radio is designed with an IPX6 Rated waterproof construction with high-tech waterproofing materials and special UV coatings. It also has coated circuit connections and boards to ensure this product is resistant to corrosion. The inbuilt preset EQ allows you to select varieties of music from preset curves. It also has an aux input that allows you to connect to the audio output of your devices, RDS technology which displays up to 64 character messages, and a selectable turner that allows you to adjust the receiver's tuner to receive radio broadcasts in Europe or the US.
- Allows you to stream music wirelessly from your device via Bluetooth.
- Resistant to corrosion.
- Selectable tuner function to adjust the product's turner.
- Comes with a three-year warranty.
- Has various inputs and outputs.
- It’s weatherproof.
- Very durable.
- Lacks a CD player.
- It is quite expensive.
3. Herdio 4 Inches Mp3 USB AM FM Golf Cart Radio
The Herdio 4 Inches Mp3 USB AM FM is a waterproof marine stereo radio receiver that is great for applications where there is limited space available. Despite its compact size, this golf cart radio can still power up to 4 speakers with 40 watts of peak power per channel. It is designed with a built-in Bluetooth that allows for wireless music streaming, a USB port for charging your devices, and waterproof construction.
- Allows you to connect and stream music from your devices.
- Portable size.
- Loud sound.
- Great look.
- A novice may not find it easy to install.
What is a Golf Cart Radio Console?
A Golf Cart Radio Console is a device designed to help put your radios and speakers in place inside a golf cart.
Top 2 Best Golf Cart Radio Console
Below are two of our best Golf Cart Radio Consoles:
- High-Quality brand Stereo with CD player.
- Bluetooth, USB, and MP3 options.
- Boss brand 6.5" 300 Watt Speakers.
- Super Bright LED Dome Light with Control Switch.
- Gorgeous Blue Surround Lights with Control Switch.
- Thick black textured finishing.
- A single-din radio cut out.
- Water-resistant construction.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Paintable for custom installation.
- Fits all golf cart models.
- Strong and durable profile.
1 . Thunderbuckets Overhead Stereo Console
The Thunderbuckets overhead console is uniquely designed with thick ABS plastic textured finishing and can be easily mounted on flat surfaces and mounting poles with its large mounting flange. This console comes with a 200 watts stereo and 6.5 boss brand speakers. It also comes with a super bright white cob style led map and a blue led strip light with a switch.
- It can be customized.
- It allows you to connect your devices via Bluetooth.
- You can charge or stream music from your phone through the USB port.
- It's durable.
- It has a great look.
- It is expensive.
2. Metra Electronics Overhead Console
- Easy to install.
- Good fitment for equipment.
- Very sturdy.
- Strong and durable.
- You may find that some of the screws available aren't the same.
How Do You Install a Radio in A Golf Cart?
To install a radio in your golf cart, follow these steps.
- Select a radio and speaker system. A marine-grade waterproof design is recommended.
- Mount the receiver in any desired location.
- Mount the speakers.
- Wire the stereo system.
- Test the system.
Why You Should Buy a Golf Cart Radio?
Sometimes riding on your golf cart can get a little lonely. Installing a golf cart radio allows you to fill up the space by singing along to your favorite songs as they play. It won’t also hurt to stay updated with information while you ride.
Golf Cart Radio FAQs
These are some of the most asked questions about a golf cart radio:
Do Golf Carts Come with Radios?
Most golf carts do not come with Radios, you have to install them yourself.
What Does a Golf Cart Radio Cost?
A golf cart radio can cost between $130 to $300.
A Golf Cart Radio is a great addition to your golf cart. We do hope you found this article helpful.