As a golfer, I’ve struggled to carry all my essentials on a golf cart. That’s where golf cart baskets come in handy.
Before choosing a golf cart basket, it’s essential to know the standard dimensions to ensure that it will fit your cart.
In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about golf cart basket dimensions, including the typical height, width, and depth measurements.
Standard Golf Cart Basket Dimensions
The standard golf cart basket dimensions are typically 14 to 18 inches in height, 13 to 18 inches in width, and 6 to 10 inches in depth.
However, every golf cart basket dimensions will differ depending on the make and model of the golf cart and the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Height: 14 to 18 inches.
- Width: 13 to 18 inches.
- Depth: 6 to 10 inches.
If you want to learn more about the specific dimensions of a golf cart itself, be sure to check out our comprehensive guide on golf cart dimensions which covers the size of all components of a golf cart.
Golf Cart Basket Dimensions Table
This Golf Cart Basket Dimensions Table lists the dimension for all popular golf cart models:
|Club Car Precedent||91 inches||48 inches||69 inches|
|Yamaha Drive Golf Cart||91 inches||44 inches||70 inches|
|EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart||93 inches||51 inches||67.5 inches|
|Club Car XRT 850 SE limo||144 inches||51 inches||77 inches|
|EZ-GO RXV Golf Cart||93 inches||51 inches||67.5 inches|
If you’re interested in learning about golf cart storage and want to know the proper dimensions for a golf cart garage, be sure to check out our guide to Golf Cart Garage Dimensions.
Top 5 Best Golf Cart Baskets
This is a table of some of the best golf cart baskets in the market today:
- Durable steel frame construction.
- Easy installation.
- Fits most golf carts.
- Mesh bottom design.
- Versatile storage solution.
- Durable Steel Construction.
- Easy Installation.
- Fits Most Golf Carts.
- Improved Cart Organization.
- Rust Resistant Coating.
- Durable steel construction.
- Multiple tie-down points
- Removable design
- Easy to install.
- Multiple basket size options are available.
Madjax 04-009 Front Clays Steel Basket
GTW Golf Cart Inner Storage Basket
How to Measure a Golf Cart for a Basket?
Getting the right golf cart basket dimensions involves measuring your golf cart to determine the measurements of the area where the basket will be mounted.
Follow these steps to measure a golf cart for a basket:
- Identify where the basket attaches to the golf cart. This is usually located in the front or rear of the vehicle.
- Measure the distance from one end of the mounting area to the other to determine the length of the basket.
- Measure the distance from one side of the mounting area to the other to determine the width of the basket.
- Measure the distance from the top of the mounting area to the bottom to determine the height of the basket.
- Measure the distance from the top of the mounting area to any obstructions, such as the roof or any overhead accessories, to determine the clearance of the basket.
If you’re looking to keep your golf cart and its basket clean and tidy, be sure to check out our article on the best golf cart cleaning products.
What Are the Dimensions of An EZGO Golf Cart Basket?
The E-Z-Go golf cart basket dimensions may vary depending on the model and the year of the golf cart since they come in different sizes. However, most E-Z-Go golf cart basket dimensions are as follows:
- Length: 18.12 inches.
- Width: 17.56 inches.
- Depth: 10.12 inches.
What Are the Dimensions of A Club Car Golf Cart Basket?
These are the Club Car golf cart basket dimensions:
- Height: 4.5 inches.
- Depth: 13.25 inches.
- Width: 44.5 inches.
What Are the Dimensions of A Yamaha Golf Cart Basket?
The Yamaha golf cart basket dimensions depend on the make and year of the golf cart. However, most Yamaha golf cart basket dimensions are:
- Height: 4.5 inches.
- Depth: 13.25 inches.
- Width: 44.5 inches.
Importance of Proper Basket Dimensions
It is important to have proper golf cart basket dimensions because:
- It enhances workflow efficiency.
- It increases the overall productivity of your golf cart.
- It increases capacity.
- It increases safety.
- It improves the ergonomics of your golf cart.
- It optimizes storage space.
- It offers better weight distribution.
- It enhances product protection.
- It improves the handling and stability of your golf cart.
- It reduces the spillage of essentials being carried.
What Materials Are Golf Cart Baskets Made Of?
Material selection of golf cart baskets often depends on the intended use of the golf cart, personal preferences, and budget. Golf cart baskets are usually made of any of the following materials:
- Steel: this is usually heavy but strong and durable.
- Aluminum: this is not as strong as steel but is light and rust-resistant.
- Plastic: This is weather-proof but is not as durable as other materials.
- Woven wire, Mesh wire, and Vinyl-coated wire baskets are affordable and durable but are not as weather-resistant as plastic baskets.
Is It Necessary to Measure My Golf Cart Before Purchasing a Basket?
It is necessary to measure your golf cart before purchasing a basket for the following reasons:
- It helps with easy installation.
- It ensures that you are in compliance with local regulations.
- It helps you get a proper fit.
- It ensures that the basket is compatible with the accessories on your golf cart.
- It encourages the optimal distribution of weight.
- It helps you know the appropriate capacity of the basket.
How Can I Secure Items in The Basket While Driving My Golf Cart?
Follow these points to secure items in the basket while driving your golf cart:
- You can wrap bungee cords around the items in the basket to keep them in place.
- You can prevent items from falling by covering the items in the basket with a cargo net and attaching it to the basket.
- Placing heavy objects at the bottom of the basket can help stabilize the load while driving.
- You can use a basket liner that has tie-down points to secure your items in the basket.
- Be careful not to overload the basket as storing items safely while driving can be difficult if it is overloaded.
How Much Weight Can a Golf Cart Basket Hold?
Golf cart baskets have been known to carry weights of about 100-300 pounds, but it depends on the golf cart’s design and construction.
These are some frequently asked questions about golf cart basket dimensions:
Will the 30 Can Size Fit Inside a Standard Golf Cart Basket?
The 30-can cooler measures 12.75 x 11 x 16.5. So the can might be wider than the cart’s basket. Removing the rigid plastic insert and shoving the cooler into the basket might fit, but you run the risk of tearing the cooler.
Golf cart basket dimensions are essential in determining the golf cart’s weight capacity, storage space, and overall functionality. Proper sizing and design considerations are essential to ensure that the basket can meet the needs of golfers and their equipment.
Measuring your golf cart before purchasing a basket is necessary to give you ease of installation and help you determine the capacity you want. Proper golf cart dimensions improve the ergonomics of your golf cart, increase safety and encourage proper handling.