UTV’s are built to be capable and capable of handling almost any type of job you can throw at it. From farm to work to play, a side by side is the perfect choice for any kind of terrain or job.
We’re here to help you choose the best UTV for work and play.
This article has been drafted with details of the 10 Best UTV for work and play in the market today, along with their features, pros, and cons.
Top 10 Best UTV for Work and Play
These is the list of the best UTV for work and play in 2022:
1. RedFox Powersports 200 cc DF GKV-N Full Adult Gas UTV
Powersports 200cc is designed with an auto reverse gear, full size spare wheelset, multi led lead lights, and full body panel side net, an ideal vehicle for both the hunting season and cool off road ride. Each seat on this UTV has a standard safety seat belt in to protect you. You also don’t need to worry about the price either because the RedFox Powersports 200cc is quite affordable.
- Three-point safety belts on each seat.
- Dual front suspension for smoother rides.
- A front bumper for protection against bumps.
- Rear gear storage for added storage space.
- An adjustable driver’s seat and dual individual padded seats for more comfortable rides.
- Front and rear disc brake for advanced braking and protection.
- Bright led lead lights to keep you running safely on the road at night.
- A single cylinder, 4-stroke engine with a 12v 9AH battery to keep you running longer.
- Electric starter which is very easy to use and understand.
- Smoother rides.
- Three point safety belts and led lights for added safety.
- Added storage space.
- Easy to start up.
- Protection against bumps is guaranteed.
- Affordable compared to other UTVs, hence, it makes it to our list of the best UTV for work and play.
- The adjustable driver’s seat may experience some sort of friction making it difficult to adjust it.
If you live in a country that is snowy, you will like our article on the Best UTV for Plowing Snow.
2. Polaris Ranger Sp 570 Premium
The Polaris ranger SP 570 is one of the best UTV for work and play designed for smoother rides. This vehicle has a blend of on and off road capabilities that allows it to propel above its weight in any job location. It is designed with a 1,500 In towing capacity, 11 inches of ground clearance, and compact 56 inches frame to get the job done even on tough routes. It also has a twin A-Arm IRS and MacPherson strut for smoother rides.
- A Prostar 570 engine which packs 44hp, makes it easier to haul heavy loads.
- A spacious cargo box that offers an efficient transport of more tools or supplies.
- True On-Demand All-Wheel Drive provides instant traction in rocky, wet, and muddy locations.
- A compact width of 56 inches makes it easier to ride on tight routes. A tighter turning radius offers easy navigation of tight corners.
- A 1,500 lb towing capacity to get the job done faster.
- 500 LB gas assist dump box which allows for the hauling of more supplies, and easy unloading of cargo, which leads to taking fewer trips.
- A Versatrac Turf Mode for easier and tighter turns.
- A standard 2” hitch receiver for connecting your trailer to your ranger.
- A 9 inches front and 10 inches rear suspension offers a smooth and comfortable ride over the toughest locations.
- 11 inches of ground clearance.
- Integrated in-cab storage.
- Spacious interior.
- Smooth and comfortable rides.
- Assist dump box for easy hauling of supplies.
- Easy navigation of tight corners
- Added ground clearance.
- It is quite pricey.
3. Kubota Sidekick
The Kubota sidekick is next on this list of Best UTV for work and play with a full size gas powered engine. The Kubota sidekick is suitable for large areas because of its maximum speed of 40mph. It also has an electric dump box for hauling tools and supplies.
- An 851 cc 4-stroke twin cylinder gasoline engine equipped with EFI offers a horsepower of smooth 48 HP and increased reliability.
- Towing capacity of 2000Ib on flat terrains and 1500Ib on hilly terrains.
- A DC outlet for charging small electrical devices.
- High speed of 40 mph.
- 45A electric power steering provides exceptional steering control and stability.
- Three point seat belts for added safety.
- 2 years warranty.
- Durable body frame.
- Great speed level.
- Awesome towing capacity on all terrains.
- Exceptional steering control and brakes.
- Three point seat belt for safety.
- It is very expensive.
4. Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium
The Polaris ranger 1000 premium is designed to offer great towing capacity and storage space. A great choice for individuals who want the best UTV for work without having to break their bank. This vehicle has a 2500Ib towing capacity and 1000Ib box capacity. The Polaris ranger 1000 offers great durability with a strong one-piece chassis, sealed bushings and bearings, and a full-body skid plate.
- A redesigned front end, including fenders, a new hood, and headlights for a more advanced style.
- 18.6 gallons of in-cab storage that’s very easy to access.
- Versatrac turf mode for easier and tighter turns.
- 10 inches front and rear suspension for comfortable rides through all terrains
- 12.5 inches of ground clearance and 26 inches of tires to enable you to thrive on tougher terrains.
- 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front and Rear Calipers.
- A 2500Ib towing capacity and 1000Ib box capacity to get the job done easily.
- Produces less noise and vibrations.
- Offers more storage compartments.
- Great towing capacity for hauling more supplies.
- Provides smooth and comfortable rides.
- Can easily make tight turns.
- Able to travel through tough terrains.
- Its large size makes it difficult to fit into tight corners.
- Putting this vehicle in gear can be difficult.
5, Kubota RTV X1100C
The Kubota RTV x1100c is one of the best side by side for work and play designed with a climate control cab, 4WD, and variable hydro transmission. This UTV can handle any work thrown at it, with a strong 24.8hp 3 cylinder diesel engine, the Kubota RTV provides performance and comfort.
- A Kubota D1105 E4 UV which offers 24.8 HP and 25 mph.
- 8 inch rear and front suspension with independent coil-over shock and dual a-arms with adjustable spring preload respectively.
- A ground clearance of 10 inches for better rides through rough terrain.
- A standard factory AC cab feature that offers luxurious driving comfort.
- Suitable for all terrains.
- Factory AC cap for better comfort in all weather types.
- Great speed level.
- Durable and strong engine.
It has a high price.
6. 2021 Pioneer 1000
The 2021 pioneer 1000 is one of the Best UTV for work and play designed with a speed level of 67 mph. This vehicle is known to be dependable and versatile. The Pioneer 1000 comes with a 2000Ib towing capacity, 12.7 ground clearance, and great storage space.
- An exclusive i-4wd system that simplifies operation increases drivability and optimizes traction.
- A 999cc liquid-cooled twin cylinder UNICAM four stroke engine.
- 4 Drive modes including 2wd, 4wd, differential lock, and turf.
- An automatic dual clutch transmission with 6 forward gears and reverse.
- 210mm hydraulic brakes for both front and rear.
- A towing capacity of 2500 pounds and 1000 pounds bed capacity.
- Rubber mounted engine and exhaust system reduce excessive vibration.
- It can tackle all types of terrains.
- Very versatile.
- Improved acceleration and performance.
- Very simple to operate.
- Optimizes traction.
- It is expensive.
- It is fairly basic.
- Not as innovative as the other brands.
- You may experience engine failure.
7. Rzr Turbo S Velocity
Turbo S Velocity is one of the quickest and Best UTV for work and play in the market today with a speed level of 85mph, fox 3.0 IBP shocks for maneuvering wilderness tracks, and a 925 turbo HO engine, this vehicle is sure to offer you the longest rides.
- Upgraded ROPS system for added passenger protection.
- Large 3.0 Walker Evans velocity series shocks with clicker compression adjustments.
- A 925cc parallel twin cylinder engine that achieves 168 horsepower, is electronically fuel injected and liquid cooled.
- High clearance A-arm and trailing arm with WE 2.5 in front and 3.0 inches rear piggyback reservoir coil over shocks.
- A ground clearance of 16.0 inches.
- Offers great ground clearance.
- Provide additional passenger protection.
- Offers comfortable rides.
- Has an awesome shock absorber.
- It is very expensive.
8. Can-Am Defender DPS
This 64 inches wide UTV is also one of the Best UTV for work and play. It comes with a v-twin 976cc, 82hp engine which makes it very easy to climb hilly terrains. The Can-Am Defender DPS is designed with automated climate control or air conditioning to help maintain the user’s desired temperature in the cabin.
- 650 CC Rotax ACE cylinder engine that generates 52 horsepower and 41pounds ft of torque.
- A 62 inches width and 83 inches wheelbase enable this UTV to get through tight areas.
- A 2500 pounds towing capacity.
- 11 inches ground clearance and 25 inches XPS trail force tires.
- Four 8 inches overhead speakers for amazing sounds.
- More maneuverable.
- Very versatile.
- Has an all-weather attitude.
- Offers a spacious cabin.
- Provides a temperature adjustment system for comfy rides and all types of weather.
- It has a very basic look.
- It is not as roomy as the other brands mentioned.
9. 2022 Wolverine X2 850 R spec
The Wolverine X2 850 made it on our list of Best UTV for work and play with its 847cc engine which enables it to punch through rocky and hilly terrains. It is designed with 8.7 inches front and 9.3 inches rear suspension which allows it to offer smoother rides. This UTV is 62.2 inches wide with a wheelbase of 83.7 inches making it suitable for penetrating deep into woody areas.
- Portent 847cc twin cylinder powerplant with Yamaha fuel injected and dual 36 mm throttle bodies.
- A plus adjustable suspension driver-centric on command 4wd, ultra-reliable automatic CVT Drive system, and electric power steering.
- 27 inches GBC dirt radial tires.
- Adjustable driver’s seat and seat belts.
- 207mm vented disc brakes with two piston calipers for exceptional stopping power.
- Quick response servo motor.
- Well damped suspension.
- Very versatile.
- Extreme comfort across all terrains.
- On command 4wd system.
- You may experience consumption problems and excessive cab heat as with all Yamaha wolverine models.
10. 2022 Mule Pro Fxt Ranch Edition
The mule pro FXT is one of the best side by side for work and play with a cargo bed of 999 pounds capacity, a ground clearance of 10 inches, 8.7 suspension travel, 26 inches tires, and space for 6 passengers, this UTV is great for ranch work or just taking fun rides through the city.
- 812cc 4-stroke, 3-cylinder DOHC liquid-cooled gas engine with 3500 torque and amazing pulling power.
- 2000Ib towing capacity and 1,616Ib load capacity.
- A dual dicks 2-piston caliper for front and draw dicks one piston caliper for rear park brakes.
- 100 in ground clearance.
- DFI with 34mm throttle body fuel system.
- Features a quad LED headlights, under seat storage bin, rearview mirror, one VRX 45 Powersports winch, and sun top.
- Comfortable for work.
- Has up to six seats.
- Chassis is built for long haul.
- Durable and very easy to maintain.
- Awkward hand hold for center passengers.
Massimo Buck is also a great choice for a work UTV, check out my article on Massimo Buck 450 Reviews.
How to Choose the Best Side by Side for Work & Play?
When choosing the best side by side for work and play, it is necessary to consider the following:
The purpose of the UTV is one vital consideration to make when choosing a model to buy. There are utility models for work use, recreation models which fall in between utility and sports models, and sports or high-performance models. What you need the UTV should guide you on the models to choose.
2. Engine size
The size of the engine will affect the performance of the UTV. If you plan on hauling a lot of tools and passengers on your UTV, go for a 900 – 1000 cc engine. If you plan to use your UTV for farm work an 800 cc or a little less engine power will do the job.
Consider how many seats you want and make your choice based on that too.
Some UTVs are difficult to maintain with replacement parts and accessories either too expensive or rare. Choose a UTV that is easy to maintain.
Go for a UTV that is pocket friendly or one that you can easily afford.
Why do you need a UTV for Work and Play?
UTV’s are popular for work because they can be used for a variety of tasks, including driving, loading and unloading materials, and moving large objects. And they’re also versatile for fun activities like off-roading, and hunting.
Getting the Best UTV for work and play can be a tough call with the market bubbling with varieties of models and colors of UTVs. We hope that this article gives you the needed information to make your best choice.