With all the snow we’ve had in the last two weeks, we just have to be prepared for the snow roadblocks that come along with the season.
UTVs come in handy to plow snow, that is I wrote this article on the best UTV for plowing snow in 2022. I evaluated each based on functionality, user-friendliness, value for money, warranty, and durability.
10 Best UTV for Plowing Snow in 2022
These are the 10 Best UTV for Plowing Snow:
1. Kubota RTV X1100C
The Kubota RTV X1100C is one of the 10 best UTV for plowing snow in the market today because of its heated cab for those cold winter mornings, great price, and sound diesel engine.
- It has a cab with air conditioning which heats up the cabin to keep you warm during the cold winter mornings
- It features a 4WD system that routinely unsticks itself out of shallow snow holes.
- A sound 3-cylinder diesel engine that can easily push through reasonable amounts of snow
- It is super affordable.
- Free of traction issues
- A heating system that works just like a car’s system to keep you warm during the cold mornings
- It is super cheap compared to its competition
- It has a diesel engine which means you don’t need to spend much to refill this UTV.
- This UTV isn’t going to win you any drag races.
2. John Deere Gator 825i
The John Deere Gator 825i is one of the best UTV for plowing snow. It is much sportier than the Kubota and is able to withstand long hours of work. It is very reliable, has a great all wheel drive system, a standard 4WD system, but isn’t as cheap as the Kubota.
- It has an amazing all wheel drive system which ensures that you don’t get stuck while plowing snow.
- It features a standard 4WD system which helps reduce traction issues
- It is suitable for very rough conditions.
- It has both sporty and utilitarian features
- It comes with a standard 4WD system.
- An excellent all wheel drive system.
- Its spare parts are easy to get.
- It is very reliable.
- Can withstand rough conditions.
- It is expensive
- It is not as utilitarian as the Kubota.
3. Massimo MSU 450 UTV
The Massimo MSU 450 comes with a fuel injected engine, belt driven transmission, an automatic wet clutch that allows for smooth transfer of power to wheels, and 11 inches of ground clearance.
- It is designed with a forward inclined single liquid cooling cylinder and fuel injected engine which makes it easier to maintain and of course more reliable.
- It has an automatic wet clutch and belt driven transmission which makes for an easier and smoother transfer of power to the wheels.
- Hydraulic disc brakes on all four wheels provide this UTV with amazing stop power.
- It has a tubular steel frame and offers 11 inches of ground clearance.
Check out my detailed thoughts in the Massimo Buck 450 Reviews article.
- It is not as expensive as other UTVs in the market.
- Easy to get replacement parts.
- Absence of manual shifting which promotes easy operations.
- Awesome ground clearance.
- Reliable cooling system which prevents the engine from overheating.
- Repair expenses can be high.
- The cabin lacks leg room for riders taller than 6’2 inches.
4. Polaris Ranger
The Polaris ranger is another UTV that has proven to be one of the best for plowing snow. It is able to ride surprisingly well, a sport utility model, best side by side for plowing snow. This UTV provides great ride quality with a suspension setup that swallows bumps making it the most comfortable and fun UTV for plowing snow.
- It provides 10 inches of ground clearance to help get you anywhere.
- A well-designed suspension setup that easily swallows bumps to give you a bump free ride while plowing snow.
- It features a do -to-characteristic. A sporty and utilitarian model.
- It has a premium feel which can be easily noticed when plowing wet snow.
- Amazing ride quality.
- Provides bump free rides.
- Its frame remains steady during plowing.
- Provides 10 inches of ground clearance.
- It is not very cheap.
- It features an open air cabin which may not be ideal if the weather is below 35° Fahrenheit.
5. Kawasaki Mule UTV
The Kawasaki Mule is one of the best UTV for plowing snow in the market today. It can readily provide awesome usability and plow off heavy wet snow from your driveway. It is very affordable and has a compact size suitable for individuals with a smaller driveway or those who prefer compact UTVs.
- It has a compact size of 100L x 52.6W x 70H inches for individuals who prefer a compact UTV with right turning
- It has a 3 cylinder gasoline engine with a CVT transmission strong enough to get you through the Snow without any issue
- It is not a sporty model.
- It comes at an affordable rate of $6000 to $7000
- It makes it easier to maneuver smaller driveways.
- It is cheaper than most UTVs in the market today.
- It easily plows heavy wet snow.
- It is dependable and utilitarian.
- It doesn’t take up much storage space.
- It doesn’t come with a closed cab standard.
- It is not very comfortable for bigger folks.
6. 2022 Honda Pioneer 500
The Honda pioneer 500 has a compact size of 50W inches making it easier to use when plowing narrow areas. It features exceptional fuel efficiency, a large flat rear carrier, a gearbox with 5 speed levels, comfortability, and of course, it’s pocket friendly.
- It has a fuel injected 475CC longitudinal engine which ensures perfect fuel efficiency for even the coldest days.
- It has a large flat rear carrier which offers 450 pounds load capacity with you to 4 hook points for tie downs.
- It has a gearbox with 5 speed levels to reverse and allows the user to choose between automobile and manual electric shift through a toggle switch.
- It features both utility and sport attributes and is quite affordable.
- It is easy to maneuver.
- It provides amazing comfort.
- It is not very expensive.
- It is easy to startup.
- It has an exceptional fuel capacity.
- It does well on harsh terrains.
- It can easily slip through smaller driveways.
- The passenger hand hold bar is a little uncomfortable but does the job.
- You may notice a knocking sound from the engine.
- It may come off as underpowered when compared with other UTVs in the market but it does the snow plowing job well.
7. Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
The Honda pioneer 1000-5 deluxe gives you the best snow plowing time. It has a rear suspension that deals with bumps, a strong 999CC twin cylinder engine with amazing torque, 3 contoured seats, and is suitable for tough conditions.
- It has a steering wheel that fits your arm to an angle that provides major support
- It has a rear suspension system that reduces bumpy rides to the barest minimum
- It is designed with an i-4WD system that improves its durability, traction optimization, and simplifies Operation.
- It has a strong 999CC twin cylinder engine which helps provide an amazing torque of about 54.9 NM and horsepower of 3500 rpm.
- It comes with a 3 person contoured seat
- It has an easy-to-use safety net.
- It has 2 quick flip seats from the cargo bed to carry more passengers
- It does well in harsh environments
- It has a one pull/push cable that makes for easier adjustment and reduced servicing.
- It is quite expensive
Learn How To Put A Snowmobile Engine In A Golf Cart, because it too can do the job if you have a golf cart that you want to put to use.
8. Kubota RTV x1120D UTV
The Kubota RTV X1120D is one of the best UTV for plowing snow designed with a 24.8 HP diesel engine, CV joint protectors, heavy duty skid plates for protection and increased durability, exceptionally responsive hydrostatic steering for easy control, and much more.
- It has CV joint protectors and heavy duty skid plates which protect sensitive parts of the transmission and engine
- It features an independent rear suspension system on all four wheels which provides a great ride and improves durability.
- It is designed with a 24.8 hp diesel engine which makes it capable of plowing hilly terrains.
- It has a hydrostatic power steering which is exceptionally responsive that gives you better control to plow through snow easily.
- It uses a diesel engine which means fewer refill costs
- It can easily maneuver harsh terrains
- It is strong and durable
- It provides exceptional control
- Installing a windshield to this UTV isn’t very easy but not impossible though.
- You may experience a loose drive shaft, but it’s easy to fix
9. Polaris General XP 1000 UTV
This Polaris general XP 1000 is designed with a ProStar 1000 twin cylinder engine, 4- wheel hydraulic disc brakes, and a high output electronic power steering to give you the best plowing experience.
- It comes with a 1000 twin cylinder engine which makes it the company’s ProStar and allows it to provide smoother power on snowy roads.
- A high output electronic power steering for smoother and precise steering.
- It comes with custom embossed graphics, you can still plow snow and look stylish.
- A 4-wheel hydraulic disc brake allows for quick slow down.
- It has a compact size.
- It has smooth power delivery.
- It has a powerful engine.
- Provides bump free rides.
- In-built GPS ensures you don’t get lost in the deep snow.
- Its compact size makes it easy to store and reverse anywhere.
- It is not very spacious.
10. Can-Am Defender
This is one of the most comfortable UTVS for snow plowing. It has a standard 4WD system, a spacious cabin, and 3 contoured seats for added comfort.
- It is designed with a standard 4WD system which allows you to plow through snow easily.
- It has a very spacious cabin which is suitable for the bigger guys.
- It comes with standard 3 contoured seats.
- You will hardly get stuck in the snow with this UTV.
- Spacious cabin to provide the bigger folks with the needed comfort.
- 3 contoured seats and no benches provide comfort in the cold weather.
- It can be used for towing.
- Its engine isn’t very suited for long hours of plowing.
Things to Look for While Selecting the Best Utv for Plowing Snow
When selecting the best UTV for plowing snow, look out for the following
Make sure the UTV has a torquey sound engine. If your UTV has at least 250 CC, you shouldn’t have any issues, however, if you will be plowing about 1 foot of snow, anything 400CC will be much better
2. 4WD system
This is a very important feature that shouldn’t be overlooked. 4WD reduces traction issues to the minimum so you don’t have to risk getting stuck in the snow
Look for models that can easily stand over an hour of plowing without issues.
If you won’t be using the UTV for drag races or other recreational activities, then going for a UTV that isn’t sporty would be the right move so as to reduce expenses.
Getting a compact size UTV will make it easier to maneuver and turn which will save you a lot of time.
If you are going to be out in the cold, getting a UTV with an air conditioner with a variable temperature should come to mind.
With the winter season around the corner, getting the best UTV for plowing snow is the right move to make. We hope this article has been helpful to you in making s choice for a UTV to help you plow snow during the winter.