This article provides comprehensive Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews including detailed specifications, pros and cons, and comparisons to other golf carts in its class.
In our extensive specifications review, we have also mentioned the Yamaha G29 golf cart’s top speed, Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specs, etc.
Larger compartment, independent front suspension, automotive-style dash, are the top highlights of our Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews. If you’re looking for a golf cart that will keep you comfortable and safe on the road, then the G29 is the best choice for you.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews: Should you buy it?
There are many pros and cons to the Yamaha G29 golf cart. It has many good specifications such as a 357cc very quiet engine with high-quality front and rear suspension, dual gutter system, and cooling fans. In our Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews, we have also mentioned its drawbacks such as the low driving quality, battery, etc. Now it’s on you to decide the features you want, and weigh out the pros and cons.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Specifications
- Yamaha G29 Golf cart specifications include a 357cc engine that is quiet, refined, and almost vibration-free. Except for Yamaha, there are no other companies that build their own engines.
- Protection against sun and rain are given buy robust ClimaGuard top roof.
- This G29 Golf Cart has universal attachment points for GPS systems, and the battery box surrounds the batteries removing a point of corrosion.
- It comes with an overall length of 2,395 mm overall width of 1,200 mm overall height of 1,789 mm with (sun top) overall height of 1,190 mm with (no sun top).
- It has a wheelbase of 1,640 mm, front-wheel tread of 870 mm, rear-wheel tread of 980 mm, and have a minimum ground clearance of 110 mm.
- It has an Oil tank capacity of 1 liter and a Forced air cooling system with Transistor magneto ignition.
- G29 offers a body of Custom-formulated thermoplastic olefin, painted with a two-part topcoat of high-luster automotive-grade polyurethane.
- It has front suspension of Tru-Trak IITM fully independent automotive-style strut suspension and rear suspension of the Unit swing arm with coil springs over hydraulic shock absorbers.
- Yahama G29 has a Maintenance-free internal transaxle disc brake along with having a Fuel tank capacity of 25 liters.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specs
As mentioned above Yamaha is the only company that builds its own engine. It has a low emission single cylinder 60° incline OHV engine. Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specs include a Displacement of 357cc with a Horsepower of 8.5 kW @ 3,500 rpm.
What engine is in a Yamaha G29 golf cart?
It has a 2 stroke, single-cylinder engine with a power output of 8.5 kW and can generate a maximum torque of 8.0 kgm at 3,500 rpm. It has a displacement of 357cc with a compression ratio of 9.5:1 with a fuel capacity of 25 liters.
How Much Do Yamaha G29 Golf Carts Cost?
Today, you can find a G29 golf cart for about $9,000, but its cost depends on the availability, dealer, and the city you are looking for.
Check our articles on Quickie Mini Golf Cart Reviews and Vitacci Rover 200 Efi Reviews
Where are Yamaha G29 Golf Carts Made?
We did a bit of research for our Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews, and found out that the company began production of the G29 model in 2007 and continues to make the “Yamaha Drive” today. Yamaha G29 golf carts, Gas and Electric Vehicles are usually made in Newnan and Georgia.
Does Yamaha G29 Make Gas Golf Carts?
Yes, Yamaha G29 makes a gas golf cart. Yamaha has both Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) and carbureted models. Compared to the carbureted models, the EFI models are quieter and easier to maintain.
Are Yamaha G29 Golf Carts 4-Wheel Drive?
No, Yamaha G29 golf carts are 2-wheel drive. They have a front and rear suspension and are fully independent.
Do Yamaha G29 Golf Carts Have Lithium Batteries?
Yes Yamaha G29 golf carts have Lithium-Ion batteries. This set includes 2 x 48V 30AH Lithium Golf Cart Batteries, made to fit Yamaha DRIVE & Drive2 models 2007+. This G29 cart can go up 100 miles with these Lithium-Ion batteries.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Top Speed
Yamaha G29 golf cart’s top speed is about 24 km/h, and maximum reverse of 11 km/h. It has a turning radius of 2.8 meters with a dry weight of 255 kg.
- Yamaha G29 has one of the quietest engines in the market, this is a point where G29 scores high because loud noise engines are one of the main complaints heard by many of the owners.
- The rear suspension of the G29 works in tandem, hence making the ride better and quieter. If anyone is thinking to buy many golf carts for his court, then this particular feature ensures that the golf court stays a silent and calm place for golfers.
- The G29 cart comes with many accessories such as cooling fans which ensures proper cooling and a new feature added by Yamaha is ClimaGuard Top.
- To ensure rainwater does not enter the passenger seat, dual gutters are placed on the top of the roof.
- One of the major drawbacks is the ride quality by Yamaha. Many golf cart owners have told Yamaha to improve their drive quality because they find the drive quality more comfortable than other carts as compared to Yamaha.
- Many of the customers are facing battery problems with Yamaha G29. They are complaining that after a full charging of the battery, the cart battery indicator shows low power “E”.
- Many customers also faced solenoid not clicking problems.
In our Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews conclusion, we would like to mention that it is an excellent choice for a golf cart that’s affordable, easy to drive, and has a good range of features. Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specs include a single cylinder 60° incline OHV engine with a displacement of 357cc. Yamaha G29 golf cart’s top speed is about 24 km/h with a turning radius of 2.8 meters. Nevertheless, it is not a very fast golf cart but it has a good range of features. It has many accessories like cooling fans and clima guard top which makes the G29 golf cart more attractive. One of the biggest drawbacks is the ride quality. Some of the customers are facing battery problems too. We have tried to cover Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specifications, its pros, and cons, etc in our Yamaha G29 Golf cart reviews.