The other day I drove my friend’s G29 golf cart from Yamaha.
From its smooth handling to the quiet purr of the engine, the G29 is more than just a ride—it’s an experience.
In this Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews, I’ll list the specs, pros and cons, and comparisons to other golf carts in its class.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews: Should you buy it?
There are many pros and cons to the Yamaha G29 golf cart. It has many good specifications such as a 357cc very quiet engine with high-quality front and rear suspension, dual gutter system, and cooling fans. However, it also has drawbacks like low driving quality, battery, etc.
Curious about other models? Explore our extensive overview of Yamaha Golf Cart Models, where the G29 is just the beginning.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews: Video Overview
This is my video overview of the Yamaha G29 Golf Cart:
If you’re facing issues with your Yamaha gas golf cart, our Yamaha Gas Golf Cart Troubleshooting article has all the solutions you need.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Specs
These are the top 9 Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Specs:
- Yamaha G29 Golf cart specifications include a 357cc engine that is quiet, refined, and almost vibration-free. Except for Yamaha, there are no other companies that build their engines.
- Protection against sun and rain is given by a robust ClimaGuard top roof.
- This G29 Golf Cart has universal attachment points for GPS systems, and the battery box surrounds the batteries removing a point of corrosion.
- It comes with an overall length of 2,395 mm overall width of 1,200 mm overall height of 1,789 mm with (sun top) overall height of 1,190 mm with (no sun top).
- It has a wheelbase of 1,640 mm, front-wheel tread of 870 mm, rear-wheel tread of 980 mm, and have a minimum ground clearance of 110 mm.
- It has an Oil tank capacity of 1 liter and a Forced air cooling system with Transistor magneto ignition.
- G29 offers a body of Custom-formulated thermoplastic olefin, painted with a two-part topcoat of high-luster automotive-grade polyurethane.
- It has a front suspension of Tru-Trak IITM fully independent automotive-style strut suspension and rear suspension of the Unit swing arm with coil springs over hydraulic shock absorbers.
- Yahama G29 has a Maintenance-free internal transaxle disc brake along with a Fuel tank capacity of 25 liters.
Own a Yamaha electric golf cart and have issues? Don’t worry, we’ve got a detailed Yamaha Electric Golf Cart Troubleshooting guide.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specs
As mentioned above Yamaha is the only company that builds its own engine. It has a low emission single cylinder 60° incline OHV engine. Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specs include a Displacement of 357cc with a Horsepower of 8.5 kW @ 3,500 rpm.
What engine is in a Yamaha G29 golf cart?
It has a 2 stroke, single-cylinder engine with a power output of 8.5 kW and can generate a maximum torque of 8.0 kgm at 3,500 rpm. It has a displacement of 357cc with a compression ratio of 9.5:1 with a fuel capacity of 25 liters.
How Much Do Yamaha G29 Golf Carts Cost?
Today, you can find a G29 golf cart for about $9,000, but its cost depends on the availability, dealer, and the city you are looking for.
Where are Yamaha G29 Golf Carts Made?
We did a bit of research for our Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews, and found out that the company began production of the G29 model in 2007 and continues to make the “Yamaha Drive” today. Yamaha G29 golf carts, Gas and Electric Vehicles are usually made in Newnan and Georgia.
Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Top Speed
Yamaha G29 golf cart’s top speed is about 24 km/h, and maximum reverse of 11 km/h. It has a turning radius of 2.8 meters with a dry weight of 255 kg.
Need a clearer picture of your cart’s wiring? Our Yamaha Golf Cart Wiring Diagram provides an in-depth look to help you out.
- Yamaha G29 has one of the quietest engines in the market, this is a point where G29 scores high because loud noise engines are one of the main complaints heard by many of the owners.
- The rear suspension of the G29 works in tandem, hence making the ride better and quieter. If anyone is thinking of buying many golf carts for his court, then this particular feature ensures that the golf court stays a silent and calm place for golfers.
- The G29 cart comes with many accessories such as cooling fans which ensures proper cooling and a new feature added by Yamaha is ClimaGuard Top.
- To ensure rainwater does not enter the passenger seat, dual gutters are placed on the top of the roof.
- One of the major drawbacks is the ride quality by Yamaha. Many golf cart owners have told Yamaha to improve their drive quality because they find the drive quality more comfortable than other carts as compared to Yamaha.
- Many of the customers are facing battery problems with Yamaha G29. They are complaining that after a full charging of the battery, the cart battery indicator shows low power “E”.
- Many customers also faced solenoid not clicking problems.
For those interested in the mechanics, our Yamaha Golf Cart Carburetor Diagram offers a detailed exploration of what’s under the hood.
FAQs on Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews
These are the most frequently asked questions on Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews:
Does Yamaha G29 Make Gas Golf Carts?
Yes, Yamaha G29 makes a gas golf cart. Yamaha has both Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) and carbureted models. Compared to the carbureted models, the EFI models are quieter and easier to maintain.
Are Yamaha G29 Golf Carts 4-Wheel Drive?
No, Yamaha G29 golf carts are 2-wheel drive. They have a front and rear suspension and are fully independent.
Do Yamaha G29 Golf Carts Have Lithium Batteries?
Yes Yamaha G29 golf carts have Lithium-Ion batteries. This set includes 2 x 48V 30AH Lithium Golf Cart Batteries, made to fit Yamaha DRIVE & Drive2 models 2007+. This G29 cart can go up 100 miles with these Lithium-Ion batteries.
In our Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Reviews conclusion, we would like to mention that it is an excellent choice for a golf cart that’s affordable, easy to drive, and has a good range of features. Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specs include a single cylinder 60° incline OHV engine with a displacement of 357cc.
The Yamaha G29 golf cart’s top speed is about 24 km/h with a turning radius of 2.8 meters. Nevertheless, it is not a very fast golf cart but it has a good range of features. It has many accessories like cooling fans and clima guard top which makes the G29 golf cart more attractive. One of the biggest drawbacks is the ride quality. Some of the customers are facing battery problems too. We have tried to cover Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Engine Specifications, its pros, and cons, etc in our Yamaha G29 Golf cart reviews.