Both the Vice golf balls the Tour and Pro are very similar. So, which one is better between the Vice Tour vs Vice Pro?
I was intrigued just like you are and wanted to test them out myself, so I did.
This article on the Vice Tour vs Vice Pro is a summary of my findings on these two golf balls with their differences, pros, cons, and so much more.
What’s the difference between Vice Tour vs Vice Pro?
The difference between the Vice Tour and Vice pro is that the Vice Tour has a Dupont Surlyn cover while the Vice Pro is designed with a urethane cover. The Dupont surlyn cover gives the Vice Tour a harder feel than the Vice Pro, offering better distance that the Tour.
Check out our pick of the Best Putting Golf Ball in 2022.
Vice Tour vs Vice Pro Comparison Table
Let’s look at the differences and compare Vice Tour vs Vice pro side by side:
Vice Tour Review
- A Dupont surlyn cover: The Vice Tour golf ball is designed with a Dupont surlyn cover which is an advanced ethylene copolymer that offers excellent resistance and resilience.
- A deep 392 aerodynamically aligned dimple design: This golf ball is uniquely developed with a 392 aerodynamically aligned dimple design which offers a very stable flight trajectory and reduced lateral movement off the tee.
- A three-piece construction and energy speed core: The Vice Tour golf ball is also designed with a 3 piece construction and energy speedcore that provides it with a high flight and great distance.
- KIL system: The Vice Tour is designed with the company's KIL (keep in line) technology which aids in the perfect aligning of this golf ball to meet your alignment and putting needs.
It has a weight of 1pounds and comes in white color only.
The Vice Tour golf ball is designed with a deep 392 aerodynamically aligned dimple design that ensures a stable and consistent ball flight with reduced lateral movement. It also has an extra thin Dupont surlyn cover which provides exceptional durability and makes it resistant to wear and tear.
- It offers a high and strong flight.
- It has an impressive distance.
- It offers a decent feel in a short game.
- It offers fantastic value for money.
- Extremely durable.
- Offers increased stability.
- Offers a great combination of both maximum dispersion and longevity.
- It lacks a little spin control on more finesse shots.
- It doesn't offer as much distance as the Vice pro.
- It has a hard feel, giving it a high pitched sound at impact.
This next section of this article on Vice Tour vs Vice pro is the Vice pro review, features, pros, and cons.
Vice Pro Review
- A BJ13 coating: The Vice pro has a BJ13 coating which offers this golf ball maximum UV resistance for increased durability.
- A 318 large dimple: The large dimple technology used to develop the Vice pro reduces the number of dimples and air resistance reasonably resulting in an exceptional stable trajectory and increased ball speed.
- Urethane cover: The Vice pro is a low compression golf ball designed with a urethane cover Which offers a softer feel and resistance to wear and tear.
- S2TG technology: The Vice pro golf ball also has an S2TG technology which provides it with a high degree of backspin.
- KIL technology: This golf ball is also designed with KIL putting technology that helps improve ball alignment.
The Vice Pro is a soft compression ball with a 3-piece urethane cast ball which helps boost its feel. It is optimized for golfers with high medium swing speeds (95 mph and above). The Vice Pro golf ball is a perfect combination of distance off the tee and high spin around the green. This golf ball is designed with a high-speed energy core technology that boosts its speed. It also has a 318 large dimple design for stabilizing the ball trajectory.
- It offers great distance.
- It is very durable.
- Offers a high degree of backspin.
- Great feeling.
- Provides for a stable trajectory.
- Comes in varieties of colors to meet your needs.
- It lacks a little distance off the tee.
Vice Tour vs Vice Pro Spin Difference
The Vice Pro has a high ball spin, giving it higher distance, control, and a steep landing angle than the Vice Tour which has a mid-ball spin, suitable for players who just want a little bit more spin to stop the ball on the green.
How are the Dimples different between the Vice Tour and the Vice Pro Golf Balls?
The Vice Pro has 318 larger dimples while the Vice Tour has a 392 aerodynamic dimple design. The implication is that the Vice pro offers a relatively more stable trajectory than the Vice Tour. However, this doesn’t mean the Vice Tour does not offer a stable trajectory, it does, but not as much as the Vice Tour.
The cover of Vice Tour is made with DuPont surlyn which is derived from ethylene copolymer material. This makes the Vice Tour harder than the Vice pro’s cover made with urethane material. This makes the Vice pro a better feeling golf ball than the Vice Tour.
Vice Tour vs Vice Pro: Available Color Choices
Vice pro comes in white, red, and green colors. The Vice Tour on the other hand comes in only white color.
Check out: Sphero Golf Ball Review.
How is the Feel Different?
As a result of the ethylene copolymer material used in making the cover of Vice Tour, it has a slightly hard feel. The Vice pro on the other hand has a softer feel since it has a urethane cover.
Vice Tour vs Vice Pro Compression
The Vice Pro has a lower compression than the Vice Tour. Its compression is about +/-85. The Vice Tour on the other hand has a compression of 90, making the Vice pro golf ball a better feeling ball than the Vice Tour golf ball.
Which is softer Vice Tour or Vice Pro?
The Vice Pro is softer than the Vice Tour. The Vice Tour has a Dupont surlyn cover which is made for ethylene copolymer material that gives it a harder feel than the Vice pro which is made with a urethane cover.
The Vice Tour vs Vice pro both come with various unique features. The vice Tour comes with a 392 aerodynamic dimple design which gives it a stable flight trajectory. It also has an energy core and KIL technology for improved performance. The Vice Tour is also designed with a Dupont surlyn cover which is made from ethylene copolymer material resulting in a less soft feel. However, this golf ball offers a softer feel on ball impact during short games. It is also very durable, at its price, we can say it offers a great value for money. The Vice pro on the other hand has a softer feel than the Vice Tour. It also has larger dimples which give it a more increased ball speed and stable trajectory.
I hope this article on the Vice Tour vs Vice pro was informative to you.