PXG irons are known for their premium quality, so I was thrilled when the PXG 0211 ST irons were released at an appealing price. So, I just had to try them out and write a detailed PXG 0211 ST review about my experience.
I got the opportunity to know how premium the PXG 0211 ST irons were when I tried them over the weekend from a friend. I didn’t hesitate to take the blades out to the course for a test.
Everything you need to know is contained in this article on PXG 0211 ST review.
PXG 0211 ST Review
To start this PXG 0211 ST Review, let’s take a look at the top features of these irons:
- Triple forged solid body.
- Classic design.
- Awesome workability.
- Unique traditional blade design.
- Exceptional feel.
- Longer blade length.
- Minimal offset.
- Increased ball speed.
- Easy to launch.
- Target players (0-25 handicappers).
- Great distance.
The PXG 0211 is designed with soft carbon steel and a very unique design making it suitable for golfers who desire Ultimate club control without having to break their account.
These irons are designed with an exceptional repositioning of the mass on the clubhead which makes it very forgiving for a solid-bodied blade.
Pros & Cons of the PXG 0211 ST Blades
In order to write this PXG 0211 ST review, I had to make a list of its pros and cons:
- It provides an excellent launch.
- It allows for better ball control.
- It has a stable club face.
- It has a larger head size and face profile than other PXG irons.
- It has relatively great forgiveness.
- It is affordable compared to the other PXG irons.
- It produces awesome ball speed.
- It has a great feel and spin.
- It allows for prolonged use.
- It is versatile (suitable for all handicappers).
- It enhances great carry distance.
- It has less MOI compared to other PXG irons.
- It is not as workable as other PXG irons.
- It lacks feedback.
- It lacks adjustable perimeter weighting.
- It is very consistent.
- It is still expensive compared to other similar irons.
PXG 0211 ST Irons Specs
The table below gives an overview of the PXG 0211 irons specs
|Club||Loft||Standard Length||Standard Lie||Offset||Bounce|
PXG 0211 ST Forgiveness
The PXG 0211 ST is designed with low perimeter weighting and a wide club face which provides it with ample forgiveness. While the PXG 0211 ST is not as forgiving as the PXG 0311, it has just the right level of forgiveness to get you great shots.
PXG 0211 ST Irons for What Handicap?
The PXG 0211 ST iron was designed with versatility in mind, meaning it is suitable for all handicappers. However, as an iron known to generate greater distance and ball speed than accuracy, this iron is more suitable for high handicappers.
Are PXG 0211 ST Good for High Handicappers?
The PXG 0211 ST is great for high handicappers. Every high handicapper needs distance and ball speed and the PXG 0211 ST offers just that, making it the right iron for a high handicapper.
PXG 0211 ST Swing Weight
The swing weight of the PXG 0211 ST is D3. PXG designs their clubs under the same conditions to maintain their performance standard. Their long irons mostly have a swing weight of D3. While the PXG 0211 ST has a reduced MOI compared to the other PXG irons, the swing weight is just the same.
Are PXG 0211 ST clubs good?
The PXG 0211 ST iron is crazily affordable compared to other PXG club iron and offers almost the same premium quality! It can also be played by a 0-25 handicapper, now that’s the versatility that most irons don’t offer. It also offers maximum ball speed and distance.
Can PXG 0211 ST be bent?
A PXG 0211 ST iron can be bent to about 2°. The result will be a slightly weaker loft and for every 1° weaker the loft becomes, the iron becomes bouncier by 1°. The PXG 0211 is known as a high bounce iron and bending it would only make the bounce higher which most golfers won’t appreciate.
Let’s make this PXG 0211 ST review more interesting by comparing it to its predecessor, the PXG 0311.
PXG 0211 ST vs 0311T
In this article on PXG 0211 ST review, I will be pointing out 4 differences between the 0211 ST and the 0311 ST.
- One of the major differences between the PXG 0211 ST iron and the PXG 0311 iron is that the PXG 0211 ST iron lacks a forged construction. It is made using a cast instead.
- Another difference between these two PXG irons is that the PXG 0211 ST iron has a reduced MOI (9% reduction) compared to the PXG 0311 iron.
- The PXG 0211 ST iron is also cheaper than the PXG 0311, The reduction in price is actually because the PXG 0211 ST lacks an adjustable perimeter weighting technology, different head shapes, and a wide array of shaft options which the PXG 0311 has.
- The PXG 0211 has just two premium shaft options and comes as one high performance club. while the PXG 0311 comes with a wider array of shaft options.
However, the PXG provides very good distance and is more versatile than the PXG 0311 iron. Suitable for all handicapper levels, the PXG 0211 ST iron is a game improvement iron that offers great value for its price.
It is very easy to think that the PXG 0211 ST iron won’t be of much good because of its price when compared to other PXG irons. However, this is incorrect. This article on PXG 0211 ST review we believe gave you all the needed information to boost your confidence in making a purchasing decision on the amazing PXG iron.
The PXG 0211 ST iron is designed with almost the same premium quality as the other PXG irons, though it has a reduced MOI, for its price, it’s worth it. It is relatively forgiving, has a good feel and sound at ball contact, and offers great control.
While it is not as accurate as the PXG 0311, its versatility, price, and amazing distance range make it an iron to seriously consider. In addition to this PXG 0211 ST irons review, if you are looking for a greenside spin and more consistency, the PXG 0311 is the iron for the job, but if you are looking for distance and ball speed then hold on tightly to the PXG 0211 ST iron.