If you own a Club Car, you probably have noticed that there are various battery larger light codes that you might not be aware of.
Even I had issues understanding what each color meant, so I did my research and came up with this article.
This article will explain what the different Club Car Battery Charger Light Codes mean and how to troubleshoot and solutions to fix related issues.
- Club Car Battery Charger Light Codes
- Club Car Battery Light Codes
- Club Car Battery Light Stays On: Solution
- Club Car Battery Light Replacement Process
- Club Car Precedent Battery Light Flashing
- Club Car Battery Light Comes on After Charging
- What Does Club Car Charger Blue Light Mean?
- Solution for Club Car Battery Light Not Working
- What Is the Club Car Charger Abort Mode?
- Club Car Yellow Battery Light Flashing: Solution
Club Car Battery Charger Light Codes
Check out this Club Car Battery Charger Light Codes table:
|A completely green-colored battery.||This means that the status of the battery is OK and the battery level of charge is greater than 25%.|
|A battery that is drained and has a ‘?’ sign in it.||This means that the Visage and the motor controller over the LIN Bus are no longer communicating with each other.|
|A green-colored battery with a white symbol of lightning on it.||This means that the battery pack has a high level of charge and that the motor controller has sensed that the charger cable has been plugged into the car receptacle.|
|A drained battery with a black lightning symbol inside.||This means that the battery pack does not have a high state of charge and that the motor controller has sensed that the charger cable has been plugged into the car receptacle.|
|A completely yellow-colored battery with a % symbol in it.||This means that the battery’s level of charge is between 10% and 25% which means that the battery is low.|
|An orange-colored bar with a number on it.||This indicates that a charge alert has been detected for the car.|
|A completely red-colored battery with a % symbol in it.||This gives an indication that the battery’s level of charge is less than 10% which means that the battery is very low.|
Follow these Golf Cart Battery Charging Tips to keep your Club cart’s battery in top-notch condition.
Club Car Battery Light Codes
These are the Club Car Battery Light Codes:
|Light||Status||What it Means|
|Red||Not blinking, just solid red.||This indicates a charging error and that the charger needs to be removed and plugged back.|
|Orange||Blinking/Flashing.||This means that the charger cannot complete the charging.|
|Blue||Not blinking.||This means that power from the main source to the charger is present.|
|Green||Not blinking.||It means that the battery has completed stage 2 of its charging cycle. It also indicates that the battery has completed charging.|
|Green||Blinking/Flashing.||This means that the battery is charging and hasn’t yet reached stage 1 of its charging cycle. It will indicate when it is near full charge.|
|Green||Off||This means that the battery charging is in progress but it hasn’t yet been fully charged.|
Club Car Battery Light Stays On: Solution
When your Club Car battery light stays on, it is an indication that there is a problem. It could be that the battery pack voltage of your battery is low or your battery charge state is low. Whatever the reason may be, I will present the solutions for you.
If the battery pack voltage is very low, it means that the charger cannot be activated by the On-Board Computer.
- Check if the battery pack voltage is up to 36-38 volts using a digital voltmeter.
- If it is not, then you need to find the defective battery and separately check each battery voltage.
- If you have used the battery for more than four years, you might have to replace it.
If the battery is low, it is less than 20% and needs a reset if the batteries are still good.
- Pull out the DC cord from the vehicle and the AC cord from the power source and then plug in the AC power, after waiting for about half a minute until the red light turns off, reset the charger.
- When the blue light of the AC power comes on, reconnect the DC cord.
- Switch to the Tow position and disconnect the negative cable of the main battery pack for half an hour, if the problem continues.
Club Car Battery Light Replacement Process
This is the step-by-step process of Replacing your Club Car Battery Light:
- Purchase your battery gauge meter.
- Disconnect the positive terminal on the battery bank.
- Run the wires from the position of the battery light meter to the battery terminal points.
- Make the connections and test to ensure that it is working.
- Fix the battery light meter and arrange the wiring.
Check out the Club Car Parts Diagram where I discuss about the different parts of the Club car’s battery parts.
Club Car Precedent Battery Light Flashing
There are a few reasons why your Club Car Precedent battery light is flashing. I will explain what it means and provide solutions for you.
1. Battery In Poor Condition
If you have used your batteries for a very long time, there is a possibility that at some point it won’t charge and it will cause the battery light to flash. The solution to this is to immediately replace the old batteries with new ones.
2. Missed Connection to the Battery Pack Positive Side
Your battery light will continue to flash if the positive side of the battery pack has no connection or is not connected properly. This usually happens after the installation of a new battery. To solve this problem, check for a red, loose, or unconnected wire and tighten it or connect the wire to the battery pack on its positive side.
3. Wrong Battery Installation
If you ever replace your batteries, you need to be careful because a mistake in the installation can cause flashing battery lights. A wrong polarity connection could be the reason for this. To solve this problem, check the connections on your battery and correct the wrong connections, making sure that the connections are not done in reverse order and it is very likely that your battery light will stop flashing.
4. Charger Not Supplying a Full Charge
Another reason why your battery light keeps flashing could be that the charger is unable to charge the batteries fully. The flashing indicates that the charging is less than 90 percent. To solve this problem:
- Try to reset the On-Board Computer by disconnecting the negative cable of the main pack and keeping the FNR in reverse position for a while. Doing this will drain off the power supply of the OBC completely.
- The next thing to do is to reconnect the negative cable and wait for a couple of hours for it to charge one complete cycle. After this, unplug the charger.
- The next step is to immediately plug the charger back in.
- This will stop your battery light from flashing because an equalization charge was caused.
Club Car Battery Light Comes on After Charging
When your battery light comes on after charging, it could be because the battery light might have a loose or corroded battery cable or other wire connecting components of the charging system or the alternator has a problem.
To solve this, replace the corroded battery cable and check the connection of the charging system and tighten it.
You can follow the above mentioned Club Car Battery Charger Light Codes to know more about the issue.
What Does Club Car Charger Blue Light Mean?
When the blue light is on it means that power from the main source to the charger is present.
Solution for Club Car Battery Light Not Working
The lights on your golf cart could stop working for a couple of different reasons because the lights are different and have different functions.
Below are some of the reasons why is your battery light not working:
- Broken wires or cables.
- Faulty switches.
- Improper or loose wiring connections.
- One or more faulty fuses.
To solve this problem, you need to check if the fuses have blown out and the switches are functioning properly and replace the blown-out fuses and faulty switches with new, reliable ones.
What Is the Club Car Charger Abort Mode?
The abort mode on your Club Car charger means that the charger cannot complete its charging normally. When this occurs, the output of the charger will shut off and the charger will ignore all buttons and can only be reset when you unplug the charger from the AC outlet, wait a short while, and plug it back in.
Club Car Yellow Battery Light Flashing: Solution
When the yellow light in your golf cart charger begins to flash, it means the batteries need to be charged.
Once you start charging the battery, the flashing of the yellow light will stop.
This article showed the different Club Car Battery Charger Light Codes, what they mean, the problems of the battery lights, and their solutions.
An understanding of this information of your Club Car golf cart battery lights codes and what the symbols mean will help you properly take care of your cart and prevent it from serious damage.