Do you want to change oil Yamaha golf cart? Do you know what type of oil you need to change the oil in your Yamaha golf cart? If you answered yes and no to both questions then you are in the right place! We will show you how to change oil Yamaha golf cart in the easiest way possible along with all the steps. We also give our review of the best Yamaha Golf Cart Oil Change Kit in 2023 and answer all your questions regarding the type of oil to use, when to change it, etc.
How to Change Oil Yamaha Golf Cart
If you want to change the oil on your Yamaha Golf Cart, do it with ease by following these instructions:
1) Purchase a new container of synthetic oil (not conventional) and pour it into the engine when you get home. The formula is 1 quart of synthetic for every 5 quarts in your cart’s current tank of gas, which will require 10 qts total.
2) Leave around 2 inches at the top so that there is room for fuel to be sucked in.
3) Suck in the air and pour in your oil, being careful not to spill any on the engine or fuel line – it is easy to do this when you’re doing a larger job like changing an entire set of engines.
4) You should let this sit for about 10 minutes before starting up your cart so no bubbles are trapped within the motor’s crankcase area.
When you start it back up, wait until all smoke stops (it will take several seconds), and then, you have successfully changed the oil in your Yamaha Golf Cart.
Best Yamaha Golf Cart Oil Change Kit
We have been testing and reviewing the best oil change kits for Yamaha golf carts for a while now and we are going to tell you why we think it is the best kit.
Huskey Parts Yamaha Drive Tune-Up Service Kit is the best Yamaha Golf Cart Oil Change Kit. It includes a foam pre-filter, air filter, fuel filter, and NGK spark plug.
- The kit works for all Yamaha golf carts from G16-G22, G29.
- The filters are of high quality.
- It’s worth the money.
- The pre-filter is thinner.
- The air filter is slightly smaller.
Check our detailed analysis of Yamaha G29 Golf Cart Review in 2023.
How Do I Change the Oil on My Yamaha Golf Cart Transaxle?
- Disconnect the oil service plug to drain out the oil completely.
- Screw back the oil servicing plug keeping a torque of 16.3 Nm.
- Remove the oil servicing plug and fill it with the oil you prefer until it starts oozing out of the oil servicing hole.
- Let the excess oil come out and close the oil servicing plug back at 16.3 Nm torque.
- Reinstall the bag holder kit and inspect brake discs.
- Drain any remaining oil in the engine.
- Open the oil filler cap.
- Fill the tank with 1 3 qt of 10W-30 non-synthetic oils.
- Clean dipstick with a lint-free cloth if needed, making sure the level hasn’t exceeded the safety mark.
Yamaha G29 Oil Change
Changing the oil in a Yamaha G2 golf cart is easy. Follow these steps to change the oil: Drain, fill, and plug. Make sure you are using the right type of oil: 10W-30 non-synthetic. The user manual should be referred to for engine capacity.
- Open the oil filler cap on top of the engine.
- Clean dipstick with a clean cloth.
- Check the oil level with a lint-free cloth.
- Make sure the oil level is not exceeding more than an inch from the safety level marked on the dipstick.
- Instructions for golf cart rear end oil change are usually provided by Yamaha G2 in service manuals.
- Unscrew the oil servicing plug to drain out the oil.
- Screw back the oil servicing plug at 16.3 Nm torque.
- Open the transmission case by removing bag tray rivets and bolts.
- Let excess oil come out and close with 16.3 Nm torque.
- Inspect brake discs after replacing bag holder kit.
Where is the Oil Drain on A Yamaha Golf Cart?
On the back of a Yamaha golf cart, the oil drain is typically found on the left side behind the battery.
What Weight of Oil Goes in A Yamaha Golf Cart?
The weight of oil in a Yamaha golf cart is typically between 2.5 and 3.5 ounces, depending on the type of golf cart being used.
Yamaha Golf Cart Oil Drain Plug Location
The Yamaha Golf Cart Oil Drain plug is located on the bottom of the engine block.
What Kind of Oil Does a Yamaha Golf Cart Use?
Yamaha golf carts use non-synthetic oil.
When Should You Change the Oil in a Yamaha Golf Cart?
The oil in a Yamaha golf cart should be changed every 3,000-5,000 miles. If you are a regular cart user, 6 months should take around the time it takes to change the oil.
Oil level indicators and running hours can help you estimate when it is time to change the oil in your golf cart.
Can you use Synthetic Oil in a Yamaha Golf Cart?
No, you cannot use synthetic oil in a Yamaha Golf Cart.
To use synthetic oil in a Yamaha golf cart, it is necessary to first find out if the engine has been modified with an aftermarket oil pump. If the engine of your golf cart has an aftermarket oil pump, then you can use synthetic oil.
Do Yamaha Golf Carts Have Oil Filters?
No, Yamaha golf carts do not have oil filters.
What Kind of Oil Goes in A Yamaha Golf Cart Rear End?
R20 is a type of gear oil that goes inside the rear end of a Yamaha golf cart.
I hope that you now understand everything about how to change oil Yamaha golf cart with our step-by-step guide.