Have you ever been cruising along the fairway in your trusty golf cart, only to have it break down in the middle of a round? I sure have, and let me tell you, it’s a frustrating experience.
That’s why I think every golfer should have the best golf cart insurance in their back pocket.
Not only does it give you peace of mind, but it can also save you time, money, and a whole lot of headaches.
In this article, I’m going to share my personal experience with the Best Golf Cart Insurance and give you details to make an informed decision.
Top 5 Best Golf Cart Insurance
Here are the top 5 best golf cart insurance for you:
Offers coverage for golf carts used for both personal and commercial use, including liability and collision protection. Policyholders can also add comprehensive coverage, which includes protection against theft, damage from natural disasters, and other non-collision-related incidents.
This insurance company offers a monthly average minimal coverage rate of $47 and premium coverage of $139.5.
If you want to compare budget friendly insurance options, check out this article on the Cheapest Golf Cart Insurance.
2. State Farm
Provides coverage options such as liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage for golf carts used for both personal and commercial purposes.
Policyholders can also add personal injury protection and uninsured motorist coverage.
Their minimum coverage cost an average of $52 per month, while their premium rate is $104 monthly. They also offer Car Rental Expenses which cover up to a certain amount allowing you to rent a car if it is damaged in an accident or under repairs.
Offers liability coverage for golf carts used for personal use and additional options for commercial use. Policyholders can also add comprehensive coverage, which includes protection against theft, damage from natural disasters, and other non-collision-related incidents.
GEICO’s minimum coverage cost an average of $30 per month, while their premium rate is $108 monthly. GEICO also offers membership discounts and programs to aid drivers in making the best decisions for their golf cart concerning product purchases.
It also provides liability coverage for golf carts used for both personal and commercial use. Policyholders can add personal injury protection and uninsured motorist coverage. This insurance company offers a minimum coverage of $46.5 average monthly rate and a premium of $203.
They also offer Safe driving bonuses allowing drivers to earn a check in their golf cart insurance policy every 6 months without any accidents.
Offers liability coverage for golf carts used for personal and commercial use and the option to add comprehensive and collision coverage. Policyholders can also add personal injury protection and uninsured motorist coverage. They also feature robust digital tools and amazing financial strength ratings.
Progressive offers minimum coverage with a monthly average rate of $45 and a premium of $130. They also offer mechanical breakdown insurance and cart shopping service to aid their users in purchasing the golf cart they desire.
If you own a Utility vehicle instead, check out my article on the Best UTV Insurance.
Golf Cart Insurance Comparison Table
Below is a table comparing the 5 Best Golf Cart Insurance:
|Insurance Company||Average Minimum Rate||Premium Rate||Additional Offers|
|Progressive Insurance||$45||$130||Mechanical breakdown insurance and cart shopping service.|
|Allstate||$46.5||$203||Safe driving bonuses|
|GEICO||$30||$108||Mechanical breakdown insurance and cart shopping service.|
|State Farm||$52||$104||Car Rental Expenses|
If you looking to drive on campgrounds, check this post on Golf cart insurance for campgrounds.
Types of Golf Cart Insurance
These are the 7 types of golf cart insurance available:
1. Property Damage Liability
This coverage helps you pay to repair damage If you are found legally responsible for an accident where your golf cart damaged another person’s property —their car or house.
2. Bodily Injury Liability
This coverage helps you pay for the other person’s medical bills and other related expenses If you cause an accident with your golf cart that hurts another person
3. Collision Coverage
This coverage may help you pay for repairs to your golf cart, regardless of who is at fault if you collide with another cart or object in an accident.
4. Comprehensive Coverage
If your golf cart is stolen or damaged by something other than a collision —fire or hail, for instance —this coverage may help pay to repair the damage
5. Guest Passenger Liability
This coverage provides a claim limit for passengers injured in an accident. It is a coverage unique to golf carts and other vehicles covered under motorcycle insurance policies.
6. Medical Payments Coverage
This coverage is optional and covers the medical bills incurred by the golf cart driver or passengers after an accident. This coverage applies irrespective of fault.
7. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
This covers your medical costs if you are injured in an accident with another driver who has no insurance or adequate insurance
How Much Is Golf Cart Insurance
The cost of golf cart insurance varies depending on several factors such as the type of coverage, location, and the value of the golf cart. On average, golf cart insurance can cost anywhere from $600 to $1000 per year.
In cases where the golf cart is specifically for off-road use, a Progressive insurance policy costs about $75 per annum, while a more complex policy costs $405.
Some general information on Golf Cart Insurance monthly costs:
- If you add golf cart coverage to your homeowner’s insurance, you can pay as little as $6 a month.
- If you buy a standalone golf cart policy, You pay about $7 a month.
- If you own a speed-modified cart, You pay about $100 a month.
Factors that Affect Golf Cart Insurance Rates
Some factors that can affect insurance rates include:
- Place of residence
- The coverage types selected
- Type of golf cart
- Driving history
- Past claims
- Intended use of the golf cart
How to Choose the Best Golf Cart Insurance Policy
To choose the Best Golf Cart Insurance Policy, you have to consider the following:
- Coverage: Ensure the policy covers all the potential risks you want to be protected against, such as liability, collision, and theft.
- Cost: Compare the cost of different policies to find one that is more affordable and convenient for you.
- Policy limits: Make sure the policy limits suit your needs.
- Deductibles: Consider the number of deductibles suitable for you. Higher deductibles result in a lower premium.
- Discounts: Look for discounts that may be available, such as a safety-feature discount or multiple-vehicle discount
- Reputation: Research the insurance company’s reputation and read customer reviews to ensure they have a good reputation.
- Customer service: Go for a company with good customer service, so you can receive answers to any questions you have.
Does Car Insurance Cover Golf Cart Accidents
Sadly, most standard car insurance does not cover golf cart accidents as they are considered cars. However, you can take a separate recreational vehicle or low-speed insurance for your golf cart.
What Does Golf Cart Insurance Cover?
Golf cart insurance covers:
- Damage to the golf cart
- Coverage for accessories or custom parts
- Coverage for collision
- Liability for injuries or damage caused to others.
- Liability for injuries or property damage resulting from the operation of the golf cart.
- Rental reimbursement
Do I Need Golf Cart Insurance?
Yes, you need golf cart insurance to protect yourself financially in cases of accidents or damage to the vehicle.
How Do I Get Golf Cart Insurance?
To get the Best Golf Cart Insurance, you have to:
- Contact an insurance company that offers coverage for golf carts.
- You will be asked to provide information about your golf cart, like the make, model, year, and how you plan to use the cart. You will also have to provide information about your driving history and previous insurance coverage, if any, which you have had for your golf cart.
- The insurance company will provide you with a golf cart insurance policy quote using this information.
- Review the coverage options and choose the policy that best suits your needs and budget.
- Pay the premium and provide all necessary documentation to start the coverage.
If you ever find yourself on anna maria island, you can always check out my article on Cheapest Golf Cart Rental Anna Maria Island.
FAQs on the Best Golf Cart Insurance
These are the most frequently asked questions on the Best Golf Cart Insurance:
What if I Get Into an Accident in My Golf Cart with A Driver Who Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If you are involved in an accident with a driver who does not have insurance, and you have insurance on your golf cart, your insurance policy, in most cases, will cover any damages or injuries you incur.
Will My Car Insurance Cover My Golf Cart?
No, your car insurance will not cover your golf cart.
Will My Home Insurance Cover My Golf Cart?
In cases where you do not own a golf cart, your Homeowners insurance policy covers the liability that arises from using a cart. However, if you own a golf cart, your homeowner insurance policy will not cover your golf cart except you purchase a separate recreational vehicle policy for your cart.
Golf cart insurance is an important consideration for golf cart owners. It can protect against financial loss in an accident or theft. When choosing a policy, you must consider essential coverage options, such as liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage.
Additionally, shopping around and comparing quotes from different insurance companies is essential to find the Best Golf Cart Insurance deal.