If you are new to using a golf cart, you may be unaware of the importance of keeping your golf cart well lubricated. The best way to keep your golf cart well lubricated is to grease it. In fact, the type of lubricant you use can make a difference in how long your golf cart will last. This article explains how to grease EZ Go golf cart to keep it running smoothly. This is a helpful guide to keeping the EZ Go golf cart in good working condition.
How to Grease Ez Go Golf Cart
You can grease the golf cart manually by following these steps:
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the golf cart from the charger.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Open the battery compartment.
- Find the small fitting in the middle of the battery compartment.
- Remove the small fitting.
- Turn the small fitting counter-clockwise to loosen it. Meanwhile, locate the grease fitting.
- Turn the fitting clockwise to loosen it.
- The grease fitting should be loose.
- Put the grease fitting on the golf cart.
- Turn the fitting counter-clockwise to tighten it.
- Turn the fitting clockwise to tighten it.
- The golf cart is now ready to be used.
Best Grease for EZ Go Golf Cart
There are several different types of grease that you can use to grease your golf cart, but the best is Super Lube 41160 Synthetic Grease.
Super Lube 41160 Synthetic Grease: Review
Super Lube 41160 Synthetic Grease is a heavy-duty lubricant that can be used to resist wear, corrosive process, dirt, dust, and saltwater. It is dielectric, Food Grade, and clean. The NSF rating is H-1 which means it is safe for incidental food contact. It will not drip, run or evaporate making it ideal for use in potable water.
- This is a multipurpose lubricant.
- This lubricant is safe for incidental food contact.
- It will not drip, run or evaporate.
- It can be used in potable water and saltwater environments without any issues.
Check out other Best EZ GO Golf Cart Accessories that you may find interesting.
Tools to Grease EZ Go Golf Cart
You can grease the golf cart manually without the need for tools. However, if you are looking to save time and get the job done without getting your hands dirty, it is recommended that you use a Grease Gun.
KALAWW 24V Cordless Lithium-Ion Grease Gun
- The KALAWW 24V Cordless Lithium-Ion Grease Gun can deliver up to 12000 PSI max operating pressure.
- The grease gun has a high-volume pump that pushes up to 5.0 oz/min high-flow applications.
- It also comes with a grease gun that can power through clogged grease fittings with a motor that delivers up to 10,000 max PSI.
- The grease gun is powered by a 24-volt Lithium-Ion battery
If you need a diagram when you open your 36v cart to lubricate it, check it out here 36 Volt EZ Go Golf Cart Battery Wiring Diagram.
What Is Grease and What Does It Do?
Grease is a type of lubricant that is used to reduce the friction between two surfaces of your EZ Go golf cart. It is often used in golf carts to keep them running smoothly and to prevent them from overheating.
Grease fittings are located on the front and rear of the golf cart, near each wheel bearing. Manual application of grease is necessary for these areas if there is no fitting available.
How Often Should I Grease My Ez Go Golf Cart?
EZ Go golf cart should be greased at least once every three months. This will help to keep it in good working condition.
What parts of EZ Go should be greased?
- Grease fittings on the front end of your EZ Go need to be greased at least once a season.
- Grease should be pumped into the metal on metal wear points.
- Apply grease to the cart’s moving parts.
- Apply it to the axle, wheel bearings, and couplings.
- Apply it to your grip for better control of the course.
How to Grease Suspension in your EZ Go Golf Cart
The suspension of a golf cart is the part of the cart that allows it to move freely. It also helps keep the cart in the middle of the road. The suspension in EZ Go can be greased manually by following these steps:
- Remove the cap on the front of the rear axle.
- Turn the wheel anti-clockwise until the cap is off.
- Remove the grease inside the cap.
- Pour the newly purchased synthetic water-resistant grease into the cap and replace it.
- Replace the cap and turn the wheel clockwise until the cap is tight.
- If the cart is still moving, repeat this process.
- If the cart is still moving after all of the above, it may have been caused by a loose ball bearing. The ball bearings are located in the front of the axle.
- You have successfully greased your EZ Go suspension.
Tips for keeping your EZ Go golf cart in top condition
- Check your fluids and brakes
- Replace worn or damaged components
- Lubricate moving parts regularly
- Check for and fix defects
- Keep your golf cart clean
- Check fluids and brakes regularly
- Use a golf cart cover when it’s not in use
If you are looking to make your EZGo go fast and smooth, check out my article on the Best Lift Kit for EZGO Golf Cart.
I hope you now understand how to grease EZ Go golf cart and understand all the steps of doing it. Check out our recommended grease and the greasing gun that I recommended in the article to make your life easier.